Members
Usergroups
Samurai mod in the works
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread

Samurai mod in the works

Hi.
I'm working on a samurai class/race combo inspired by the great Sanjuro.
For those not familiar with this character, he is a ronin samurai who appears in several of Akira Kurosawa's films.
That Toshiro Mifune is mighty indeed.
I have ironed out the race special skills, including a spell that frenzies a human target called samurai challenge.
Also, I've made the Sanjuro Snarl,which clobbers enemy morale,and a spell that boosts str,agi,and res. to att. and magicka for a short time.
Lastly,a meditate that regens hp and mp.
Major skills- long sword,short sword,marksman.,med. and heavy armor.
Minor skills-speechcraft spear,and hand to hand so far.
I'm thinking magicka could be replaced with chi or wa.
In the bio, honor is emphasized,excluding theft,stealth kills etc.
The skin has been a challenge so far,I've used mostly nord parts, and reduce height some.
Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.
Thanks, V.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 1:25 am

Keiji Kadekawa
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Working on a similar project. Although down the road i plan to include mongols, chinese and okinawan style characters/skins/armors etc. thinking about putting together a little mod group to lighten the work load. email me if your intereseted. heres some screen shots

www.roninproductions.tv/morrowind/index.htm
www.roninproductions.tv/morrowind/new.htm
www.roninproductions.tv/morrowind/new2.htm
Post Fri May 24, 2002 3:55 am
Swift Wind

SWEET

When can i test some of that armor. My boy looked like Cloud from StormRiders SOOOWEEEEETTTT. Mind if i try some of that armor out. j.bassig@verizon.net
Post Fri May 24, 2002 4:42 am

Keiji Kadekawa
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Im only in the first phase of the project - i have one full suit which i just designed more as a template than anything else, and have just been going through the process of skinning new domaru/cuircass. kinda got side track with on what i thought would be easy skins in the way of yamabushi and yakuza types. oh well. need to get a modler on board to help us out so i can make some better skins. Alot of combos to work with but always run into a missing esstianl part so if anyone is out there listening/reading please email me at roninproductions@hotmail.com.

Swif wind the working version that i have now is around 15 megs. I never really intended to get into the modding business...just wanted to create a samurai character for myself...funny thing is in the game i havent even left the boat because im too busy making the mod.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 7:29 pm