Gothic 2 Expansion?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

Gothic 2 Expansion?

Okay, I have not been on here in almost a year, And now im confused.

Has a english verison of gothic 2 NOTR been released? And if so how can i get it? Ill spare no expence.. I MUST HAVE IT.

And if not what is the deal with this translation? And how do I get a copy of the night of the raven, in german? Perferably legaly...... But only Perferably.

Please Help Me. I feel so lost right now

Edit: And please dont flame me and tell me to read the other posts. If you wanna give me some info that would be great, But if not, Leave me be.

Your Freindly Neighborhood Lunatic

"Women You can't live with them, And they hate it when you Violate small furry animals with a Jagged Stick."
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:00 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

No. There is no english version of NOTR. Anyone talking about the expansion either speaks german or has used the english translation mod found in the sticky at the top of this forum. If, like most of us, you can't wait for a real version to be released, you can purchase G2 Gold ed. or NOTR add-on from Germany (which is LEGAL, and the only way to go about it ) and then install the translation mod which will change all of the text into English so you can follow the dialogs via subtitles. It works great and I would highly recommend doing it.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:22 am
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thank you, I belive ill try that.

"Women You can't live with them, And they hate it when you Violate small furry animals with a Jagged Stick."
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:08 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup u should deffenetly get it cos i dont think the english addon release date is near yet it can go on and on even maybe till next year who knows , the addon gives to gothic 2 btw again the same feeling like u played gothic 1
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:15 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I haven't been on the boards for awhile so I've probably missed a few things, but I'm pretty sure that Atari recently lost the rights to the Gothic franchise, and that the English add-on is currently being developed.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:08 am
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

Okay, I now have the money to buy the addon, 1 question though, does the german addon work with the english verison? or do i have to buy both g2 and night of the raven in german?

Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:55 pm
karaknic
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No you can have the addon on top of the english version, you need the german patch and you extraxt the files you need replace and install add on. I'm not sure abut the details but it is possible..
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:07 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

you should check the Gothic 2 addon english language mod thread u will find everything explained right there , many ppl have asked about this and yes it is possible and is explained very detailed there
Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:10 pm