Usergroups
hey PB i got a good idea...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
DeepFreeze
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

...but i dont think anyone else will like it. Well as we all know 1h weapons do relatively puny damage compared to 2h weapons which more or less makes them obsolete after you get a decent 2h wep. But i thought of a good idea to counteract this. Dual-wielding! You guys could release a patch that allows dual wielding. Of course some extra strength should be required but some extensive combos due to the use of 2 weapons can come off nice and perty lookin'. So whadya think guys? I don't think it's too shabby, but for some reason i feel a flame coming on...so be nice =)
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 4:50 am
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

would be fun but seeing as how PB haven't made any patches to fix the 1 million other bugs I don't really see it happening
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 12:20 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Maybe not a patch; but an add-on. Much like Throne of Bhaal is an add-on to Baldur's Gate II. They could fix a few of the known bugs, jammed wenches, gates that won't open etc.; and also add a few things: such as maybe a couple of more camps (Mage Camp, Thieves Camp, or maybe a camp for the really low lifes, etc.), they could add more monsters, dual weapon wielding, a few more spells, better armor, better weapons, etc., and of course a couple of more options for careers. This way they could still use the same basic engine, same basic story line and cut down of costs, and make a lot of people happy at the same time.
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 3:02 pm
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I know what you mean and don't think I don't want it either but if they can't take the time to fix some simple bugs then the chances of an addon like this one is not looking good IMO
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 3:23 pm
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I thought they were officially planning Gothic 2 now, wouldnt that screw any chance of them making an add-on for Gothic?
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:58 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Baldur's Gate I had Tales of the Sword Coast and that didn't screw up Baldur's Gate II (with it's add on Throne of Bhaal)
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 8:32 pm
Gaderath
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Max Killen you got what he said reversed. he said he thought they were making G2 whcih would stop the addon, you said the addon would stop the sequel.

i like the idea but they really need to keep it balanced. a 2 weapon fighter would get more hits in and interrupt more attacks allowing even more damage.

the main thing i want to see is the monsters respawning more often and on their own (not just when you finish certain chapters)
not a bad idea though
Post Sat Jan 05, 2002 2:53 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

I want a camp where you can pick up hookers.. Mud is really not cutting it anymore..

Post Sat Jan 05, 2002 4:34 am
DeepFreeze
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, the addon wouldn't have to be like BGII. It could be like Deus Ex. Like how they released an entire multiplayer addon to download or buy with the original as the gold edition if you don't have it. The could do the same with gothic. And they were planning Deus Ex 2 while doing it. Actually now that i think about it, a MP addon would be quite nice for Gothic.

[ This Message was edited by: DeepFreeze on 2002-01-05 10:22 ]
Post Sat Jan 05, 2002 4:20 pm