Poll Results and New Poll
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Poll Results and New Poll

The last poll looked at your character creation preferences. Not surprisingly, over 66% prefer a full character creation system while just under 20% like an in-game interactive creation system. 8.5% like to start with a standard preset "blank" character and 5% like to pick an archetype. <br> <br>Since every item is going to be about Oblivion this week, I'm going to go with the flow. What are your Oblivion purchase plans? Hit the poll on the left.
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:06 am
abbaon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'll probably hold off until some interesting AI mods start to appear.
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:06 am
r3dshift
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

"AI mods"???

WTF are you talking about, man? Oblivion's gonna sport some of the most sophisticated AI ever seen.
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:00 pm
Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I just can't get "into" this one. Morrowind didn't do it for me so it's been very difficult to get enthusiastic about a sequel to a game that didn't bring any enthusiasm to my gaming life. *shrugs* I'll get it when it hits the bargain bin in 6-8 months but only IF the reviews warrant blowing $20 to get it.
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:39 pm
Naked-Lunch

Where is the "'Borrow from a 'Friend'" option?
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:06 pm

evil_lemming
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Bargain Bin, by then some cool mods will be out as well (i hope)
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:00 pm
Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Naked-Lunch
Where is the "'Borrow from a 'Friend'" option?

Ooo! Good point.
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:38 pm
r3dshift
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Kalia
I just can't get "into" this one. Morrowind didn't do it for me so it's been very difficult to get enthusiastic about a sequel to a game that didn't bring any enthusiasm to my gaming life. *shrugs* I'll get it when it hits the bargain bin in 6-8 months but only IF the reviews warrant blowing $20 to get it.

That's pretty strange, but everyone's different, of course. As a matter of fact, I couldn't get into the Gothic series, which is adored by many. Morrowind rocked though, and I can already foresee myself spending countless sleepless nights playing Oblivion.
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:55 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

what about the collectors edition, why isn't that in the poll? I really like the special box, map and other stuff they throw with it
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:20 pm
abbaon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by r3dshift
"AI mods"???

WTF are you talking about, man? Oblivion's gonna sport some of the most sophisticated AI ever seen.

As I understand it, Bethesda's constrained the AI pretty severely. They want NPCs to act naturally, but not to do anything which might interfere with the game's RPG elements. And I can understand that, but I don't really give a rat's ass about Oblivion the RPG. I expect pretty, shallow fluff from the Elder Scrolls series, and it's never disappointed me yet.

This one, however, has a potential the others didn't. A mod team consisting only of a programmer and a level designer could create a fully-functioning toy village, complete with constantly changing relationships, economy, crime, you name it, which would allow me to interact with NPCs and the world on the same terms as they interact with each other. In other words, the original vision for Ultima Online, offline. When that sort of thing starts to pop up, I'll buy the game.
Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:33 am
Dajjer
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You need a middle option between first day and reviews. I doubt I will hit the stores the first day but sometime during the first week of release. And probably will not start the game until my first off day or the weekend.
Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:26 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I voted first day, due to the lack of RPGs thou I am intreted, if they can catch up or even exceed Gothic 2 with this new AI, also hope they worked on their quest to make them more involving ( it's late can't think of a better word).

Kalia
Dont worry, it should'nt be boring or stale like Morrowind could be/was, think they were basicly forced to improve on all aspects due to how much Gothic effected the RPG world.
Gothic's ablity create a much better RPG with full speech, and NPCs that had schedules so while I understand waiting for purchase, it seems to be greatly improved from Morrowind.

Persoanlly I am kind pumped about the Horses, specificly the Unicorn which quite likey can be tamed.

Mods
The one I want to see is Telekineesis that can pick up people, not just objects and a CliffRacer Extinction Mod like Morrwind to help kill that damn spawning crap, if they use them in Oblivion.
Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:04 am
r3dshift
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

[quote="abbaon"]
quote:
"AI mods"???

This one, however, has a potential the others didn't. A mod team consisting only of a programmer and a level designer could create a fully-functioning toy village, complete with constantly changing relationships, economy, crime, you name it, which would allow me to interact with NPCs and the world on the same terms as they interact with each other. In other words, the original vision for Ultima Online, offline. When that sort of thing starts to pop up, I'll buy the game.

So, you want a Sims made out of Oblivion?
Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:48 am
Dhruin

quote:
Originally posted by Dajjer
You need a middle option between first day and reviews. I doubt I will hit the stores the first day but sometime during the first week of release. And probably will not start the game until my first off day or the weekend.

There's not enough space to add every possibility. I would call that "first day", because you're not waiting for reviews or anything else to convince you.
Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:40 pm
abbaon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
So, you want a Sims made out of Oblivion?

Yes.
Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:20 pm