Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Dragon Age (PC, Single- & Multi-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

It's definitely exciting that Bioware is returning to a fantasy setting! I am glad they are creating their own worlds instead of sticking to licenses such as Star Wars and Forgotten Realms! The concept-art and current screenshots looks nice!

They may not port this game to Xbox360 or PS3, but they do intend to extend this universe to consoles in some form!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:31 pm
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Bioware proved to me with Jade Empire that they can create a great world on their own. Still I don't know whether or not to be more excited about this or NWN:2.

NWN:2 has guys like Sawyer, Ferret and Avellone working on it.
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:23 am
Gaidal Cain
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The game is finished - I wish they'd just settle on that publisher and release it... There's nothing else to play at the moment - it'd fetch a lot of sales
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:26 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

It isn't within a million miles of being finished - where on earth did you get that idea?
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:36 am
Gaidal Cain
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

There is no info on it whatsoever - the devs have committed to not say anything until they found a developer

so I am basing myself on pure speculation.

It is not a blind guess, however. Bioware had an E3 demo of Bioware that was very fleshed out and a finalist in the Best of Show at E3, with its engine already finished, screenshots showing very clean graphics and even though not much of the game was parted with, a lot of info was already at hand; the world and all the political currents had already been fleshed out internally, and their engine was complete. Now, that leaves a lot of work to deal with, that we don't know if they had, at that time, of course, but not more than two years of work, i reckon. And it is worth to mention that back then, their status was "looking for a publisher".

This was almost a year and a half ago.

So yes, in my opinion, the devs are lying when they say the lack of info is just the fans anticipating the game too much. In my opinion, they are waiting for a publisher, so they can sell all the info rights to mags and such, 'cause even if your game is in development, you do not leave a fan base hanging like that. If they wait another year to publish, they will be hurting their sales.

Either that or this will be the end all to fantasy RPGs with outdated graphics by the time it comes out.

Oblivion looks better.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:07 am
Dhruin

I have no doubt they are holding information back until they:

a) are closer to release
b) have a publisher to plan the release publicity with

...but other than that, your speculation is pretty wonky.

The E3 demo wasn't fleshed out or finished - it was a specific concept demo built for publicity at the show; it didn't even show a real in-game event. There's no reason to think the engine was "complete", especially since BioWare said not too long ago they will release more information when the time to release "isn't measured in years".

There's a long way to go yet.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:11 am