Village Dweller

GODS Gold

Here's the link.

http://www.cypron-studios.com/
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:55 pm
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Looks nice. Colorful art. Not much info about the game itself though. I hope there is much more than just running around with half-naked women wacking down everything with gigantic swords. I so miss betrayal at krondor.
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:45 pm
DarNoor
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Betrayal at Krondor was the best RPG ever made.
Post Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:54 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

BaK is currently on my PC and I play it in my spare (LOL) time!! I plan to get Gods too!! I enjoyed the Demo!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:22 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

What´s the connection between BaK and Gods?
Post Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:45 pm
corwin

None that I know of!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:08 am
NeverDark
Village Leader
Village Leader

Should this game be considered an indie attempt or a fully fledged commercial project? I'm asking because I tried the demo and didn't like it too much.

The graphics were really good (like Morrowind on steroids), but there was not much freedom of movement, and I couldn't enter ANY building in the game, which makes me think that their engine simply can't render indoor environments, which means no houses/castles/temples/caves etc.

There were no ambient sounds, except during combat sequences! For the most part I couldn't hear anything except the background music and extremely annoying interface whizzes and ringing (when you flip a page in the recipe book, you can hear a ringing sound, why?)

The RPG elements I found to be very immature at best. The overall plot sounded promising, but the actual in-game situations were shallow and silly.

For example, this is the conversation which I had when I expected to receive my first substantial clue about the forbidden religions:
"So mayor, tell me about the old gods which were banished from this kingdom" - "Don't speak of that. I don't believe in gods anymore, ever since my wife got lost in the woods two weeks ago. Find her and then we’ll talk."

In the same village, a girl sold me unprocessed wheat and agreed to buy back flour. Well, she bought her wheat back at a higher price than what she sold it to me for, thus sparing me the hassle of visiting the miller and providing me with an infinite source of gold early in the game.

After my hero died, I continued the game and tried to engage in combat with an opponent, while she was still dead. The game crashed with a critical error message at that point.

I'd be very careful about purchasing this one when it comes out. Unless the developers fixed bugs and polished the gameplay, it's not worth the time investment.
Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:02 am