Paladins sword
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Skorpijon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Paladins sword

As paladin i got thic special sword (rough ore blade) from that blacksmith in Khorinis. I looked at it and it wasn't a good blade compared to my other weapons that i found in the game so i sold it. Then i played for some time and now i came to the monestery where i found out that i must have that sword to consecrate it. Problem is i dont know where i sold it and i lost all the saved games (overwriten with one that i alredy don't have the sword). I alredy went to all the merchants but nobady has it. How can i get it back? Is there any better sword in the game for paladin beside that consecrated sword??
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:51 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you sold it within the same chapter, then you should be able to track down the merchant and get it back. Either he is selling it in his inventory or he has it strapped to his back (in which case you'd have to knock him out take the sword, and cast oblivion). If you crossed over into another chapter and wanted the sword back, then I'm afraid you may be stuck.
I think merchant's inventories get recycled and cleaned up between chapters and I think what you sold them will be lost. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

The only option you have then is to cheat sword back into your inventory. I'm not sure what the command is, but someone here will know.

As for whether there will be better swords, the answer is no. This would have become the best sword the paladin can have after it has been consencrated (and later improved even more after that). The closest you can get from regular swords is the Orc Slayer for 1H (65 Dmg) and the dragon slicer for 2H (80dmg). Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Anyone, is it possible for him to learn how to forge and then make a magical ore blade that would work. Or does the sword HAVE to be the one that Harad makes you?
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:36 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

theres no better sword for a paladin...

hmmm... All I can suggest is using the cheats to re-insert it... otherwise ur stuffed...

the the following to get your sword back... (highlight the text below for the intructions, dont wanna ruin your game play by telling ppl this if they dont want to see it)

press 'b' then type 'marvin' then press 'b' again you should see it says marvin mode activated...

then just press F2, then type

insert itmw_1h_blessed_01 (for one handed)
or
insert itmw_2h_blessed_01 (for 2 handed)

then when uve entered those codes, just press enter and the sword will be in front of you...

Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:38 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i sold the sword also but i found it somewhere later not my old one but a new one try to seek every possible place
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:04 pm
Skorpijon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks i will try find it but if i won't i'll try that "highlighted text"
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:50 pm
Nicolas
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

But that Paladin (Rough Ore) sword is pretty cool... 80 damage?
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:24 pm
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

yes it is cool but after upgrading =) without upgrade it does 60 damage .
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:58 pm
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

If you sold the sword than this person still has it. Even so the iventory of the merchants is upgraded every chapter the items you sold stay in their inventories over the whole game. Although, you have to pay more when you buy them back.

Kay
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:08 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Yes but he cant remember who he sold it too, kugraw.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:45 pm
happysky9396
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

80 damage?a fire magician does 100 damage with a single large fireball, are you sure the best 2-h sword does 80 damage?
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:23 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by happysky9396
80 damage?a fire magician does 100 damage with a single large fireball, are you sure the best 2-h sword does 80 damage?

Nope the best 2-handed sword does 110 dmg, but it is only available to Dragon Hunters. The next best 2-handed sword is the Paladins sword after being consecrated with the Tears of Innos with a 100 dmg rating.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:51 am