Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic finished - gothic release to early?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
mute71
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic finished - gothic release to early?

I know, i'm almost a troll, but i must tell the world that i finished gothic. This game is truly as good as they come. Some bugs here and there, even some crashes, but the experience... woah. (Think my dog will be happy to have me back in his reality again.. no more fighting orcs in the forests...)

Read somewhere that the next big thing in computer gaming won't be graphics but immersion. Hm, wonder what they been playing. (Hence my subject...)

One thing that i was afraid of was the horrible controls. But they was just right. I was never ever lost and i even liked the merchant interface. (Perhaps am i to old?).

Good that i only played first chapther in gohtic 2. I will really enjoy meeting my new friends in there.

Thanks for a great playing experience and thanks for all help this forum gave me (i was only reading what You people already had written, every problem I had there was a solution).

Now i will finish Kotor, than play G2.
Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:39 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, Gothic was widely overlooked due to weak marketing efforts by the publishers. Other devs seem to have played it, though. See Dungeon Lords.
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:07 am
Cryptor69
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

;)

I bought Gothic with alot of hopes, but I feel completelly let down. Even at the very start of playing it I still felt like it has enormous potential, but the more I played it the less I liked it. IMHO this game was not too succeful couse it simply is not that good.

The graphix are good but animations are horrid. Due to the poor animation charcters look...well , they look bad as soon as they start moving around.

The interface is something that can be used to, even though it is "poorly thought out" at best, but.......WHY ????

I really don't like how the difficulty level progresses in this game. In the beginning it is so ridiculously hard it's just plain weird, further into it it's the oppposite.

I sure as hell won't be buying Gothic 2. Instead I bought Spellsraft ( a totally different game really ) and love it.

PS: I wanted to liek it, I really tried to stick thru with it, but nop. I even kinda feel bad about not liking it.
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:08 am
Garanixx
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

it all depends on different opinions , personally i just love gothic mostly because of the style its made in, the difficulty decreasing as you progress in the game is truly something very rare and is indeed not a good thing,can get a little boring sometimes when i knock nearly everything down with a single blow heh.

As for not buying gothic 2, i got it,i played it,i finished it, but i sure as hell didnt buy it

Its not even nearly as good as gothic 1 in my honest opinion,they could have made much more improvements to the game,instead,they just made it buggier, they really are going to have to do better than that in the future to deserve my money, if there is going to be another gothic
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:55 pm