I Love Mercenaries!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
nemo16
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I Love Mercenaries!!!

would we be able to hire mercenaries?? They are very useful especially when we have to fight with thousands of orcs and, as you well know, these creatures don't have a brain... we can't trust them!!! i have a feeling that. Xardas won't be so friendly at all
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:24 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well if u have a look at the history of gothic series then , In Gothic 1 u could "hire" a bald dude at the swamps or get a pain in the A** Mud by you who was near old camp he never attacked anybody tho so pretty useless . In 2 part u could hire a dragonfighter for example near the valley of mines and some came with you to fight if u did somekind of special mission. So yes those kind of hiring possiblitys might come in the third part aswell , or maybe even somekind of real special feature somewhere on arenas or taverns to hire specially mindless[ppl who have no purpose , only help fighting] NPCs. I dont think Xardas will be too bad for the hero but thats again only my opinion .
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:30 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I think that Biff, the lonely dragon hunter is one cool guy. Think about it, he came alone to the Valley of Mines to slay dragons! Pretty brave
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:08 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by mazu
I think that Biff, the lonely dragon hunter is one cool guy. Think about it, he came alone to the Valley of Mines to slay dragons! Pretty brave

Actually Biff came with the others. When you first meet all the dragon hunters at the pass, he is with them. He remains there alone so you know where to find him if you decide to hire him.

He is a pain in the ass unless you know how to use him too. When you are killing things without gold(like lizardmen), choose the option to split the profit with him. If you are killing orcs or things with gold, use the option to hire him. To change your option just tell him you don't need him anymore, then when he starts to walk off, talk to him again and pick the option you want to use.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:04 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Why did they leave him alone? Did he look strange or something... Maybe they didn't like him because he's a pain in the ass like you said.
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:26 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehe well , if u actually observed the game , most of the dragon hunters splitted around the mine valley some went on the icy places , some went even further , some into swamps , some near the old manor , he just thought why not take someone who got no guts but money[like you] from whom he can take some nice goods and gold later on , cos as we know dragonhunters were former mercenarys and mercenarys dont like to share theyr goodies
Post Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:41 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I heard that if you take Biff to Irdorath he will stay there while you leave. He tries to get all the treasure from the island, but instead gets trapped there.
Post Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:10 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I always fight alone i dont like being helped orhaving people follow me.
Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:23 am
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

^ I agree, especially because when I fight with allies, I often manage to target my allies instead of the creatures. And it's the game's fault too!
Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:54 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by VPeric
^ I agree, especially because when I fight with allies, I often manage to target my allies instead of the creatures. And it's the game's fault too!

Then you don't understand how to use an ally. The purpose of them is to alter the game structure and help you go places you don't belong. To use them properly, stay out of the dam way and let them do it and you gain the exp. The trick is in luring creature(s) that your ally can beat without dying. if you lure too many, or a really bad one, then blood WILL be spilled lol.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:41 am
nemo16
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

if you want an ally you must share with him experience & all you have(if you ply fairly ) & they will help you to survivein this war....... because you'll have no mercy from noone (almost) ......
Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:33 pm
Gaidal Cain
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

man, now i want to go play gothic II again, and I have all cds here except the game cd

and I went to get another copy last week and they don't have it at the local gamestore (I live in belgium, but bought it in Canada)

you know what, that is WEIRD. Unavailable in Belgium, but Canada had it.
Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:02 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Its like that for every game though i like playing by myself i hate team based stuff or having allies helping you (Console Based RPG's like final fantasy etc that are team based thats alright) But im talking about Action RPG's point and click or Third person even Action Adventure games.

I hate the idea of people following you around helping i wanna play by myself i dont need / want there help specially when you have no choice and the game forces the people on you.

Also a pain managing team based peoples inventory takes so long hate that crap and alot of times they can piss you off in games like blocking you into areas then you die blocking doors etc hate that crap.
Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:22 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

The Lonely Hero/Heroess thing is getting sort of old. SPOILER: In Gothic 1 it was really fun to do the focus stones quest with Gorn and the others. And in Gothic 2 you can get Gorn to help you get up a mountain to kill the stone dragon.
Post Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:10 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

It's ok alone.But it's better with your friends.Gorn, Diego, Lestern,and Milten I love those fellows
Post Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:45 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next