View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Arkon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How do I become a thief?

I've read around that there are three main things to do;

The Brazen Thief, the bandits, and baltram's stuff....

However, I can't seem to complete the bandit quest? I've gone all around the city and killed (if I remember correctly) 3 different sets of bandits (in forest around first gate, in forest outside of east gate, and at the lighthouse). Also, the ones you meet no more than 5 minutes into the game. However, if i talk to the merchant (Haakon?) or Pablo, nothing has changed... the only thing I can think of is the dealer they are in "cahoots" with, but where in Innos' name is the mofo?

If you can help me, it would be most appreciated
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:55 am
Willmore
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

the bandits you need are near the lighthouse in a cave.

And you need a the funny fish in the trunk in that cave.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:07 am
Arkon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Okay, believe I found the cave... got a herring out of the trunk, but still no dice?

Argh! lol

Maybe just tell me everything I need to do for that mission and maybe I missed something
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:45 am
Danny
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Go try to talk with the guy in the harbor bar...When he says that a guy asked for you blablabla, go to the guy who sells fish and go behind his building. There stands Attile who gives you a key. Now go and talk with Lares and confront him with your key..

He doesn't know the exact location of the sewers but he tells about the ocean. Go east and into the water then you'll find a door wich you can only open with the key Attile gave you...Welcome to the Thieves Guild and sorry for the poor english..
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:23 am
Arkon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Kardif, you mean?

Yeah... I talk to him lots I tried again though, still nothing... doesn't say anything about a guy asking about me.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:45 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Sorry, but have You opened the fish? There is a note that should lead You (maybe same fact that it was found inside the fish should be enough)to the person that sells robbed things in the city.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:55 pm
Arkon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Open the fish? The herring? Or, is there another I should be looking for?
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:43 pm
Arkon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Like, where do I find this fish? I scoured the land about the lighthouse for about 3 hours... found two caves. One had a shadowbeast and the other had some fish... a herring and a couple regular fish, which I am guessing are not what I am looking for?

Did I miss it? I went through more or less every inch of rock wall I could find looking for caves... came upon a few orcs, wargs and the like, but no caves other than the above two?

Also, how am I supposed to open the door at the inn? When asked, Jora said to ask the landlord of the inn or whatever, and he would tell me, but the only one I've seen there is Hanna, and she doesn't say anything to me?
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:21 pm
Danny
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You need a fish that you can't eat. A herring you can eat. The cave you're looking for contains three Bandits and is very close to the East city entrance (there's a cave with an Orc in it very close to that Bandit's cave)

If you get the fish, then press on it with the action key. Then you'll get a letter. Confront the fish seller in the city harbor and get the other 'strange' fish. If i'm correct Kardif will now talk to you about the guy who is looking for you...
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:40 pm
maxdamage
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I talked to Attile and he gave me a fish with a lockpick in it. What the heck I'm supposed to do now?
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:05 pm