Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
The most frightful&toughest monster in gothic2?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

The most frightful&toughest monster in gothic2?
Demonlord
36%
 36%  [ 17 ]
Black Troll
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Pack of dragon snappers
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Dragon (lol)
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Shadowlord
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Icegolem(s)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
orc elites
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
SwampShark
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lizardmen
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 47

Author Thread
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Please do not double-post. There's an edit button.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:04 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I think Skeletons are "overpowered" given the amount of XP you get from killing one. Oh yeah, they're fun to kill but for 220XP they are much too hard. Taking on 2 Orcs simultaneously is much easier than 2 Skeletons (comparing Orc Warrior to regular Skeleton)

Another thing, is it possible to utilize the combos that some monsters use? for example Orcs, how to do the rapid swipe-swipe-swipe motion? L, R, L, R combo does not go that fast... Skeleton uses some combos too, as I recall.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:20 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by konny666
I think Skeletons are "overpowered" given the amount of XP you get from killing one. Oh yeah, they're fun to kill but for 220XP they are much too hard. Taking on 2 Orcs simultaneously is much easier than 2 Skeletons (comparing Orc Warrior to regular Skeleton)

Definitely. Skeletons are definitely not to be taken lightly. Even multiple ones in later chapters can cause problems. I remember I kept trying to beat those skeletons in the graveyard near the lighthouse with my low level char. Eventually I gave up and decided to try later. Just one swipe from their 2H and you were history.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:02 pm
KONS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I find demonlords thoughest to fight with.3 hits from one of them and i am biting the ground .I like to fight with lizarman couse they are pretty easy to kill i had no problem with shadowlord as long as he was alone And the black troll is really REALLY hard to kill
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:59 pm
Kragor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

When I first met the Black Troll, I was in total awe at how badass he seemed! Thought it to be unbeatable until I discovered that black trolls are great pussys if you run around them. After beating the game, the hardest will have to be skeletons as stated several times, because of their abnormally high damage. Also, Demon Lords can be pretty tough. The spookiest one was the first seeker, because I didn't see or expect it when it spoke to me in its doomy voice, and the screen got all hellish.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:28 pm
x_Noble_Paladin_x
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

as a mage the possesed people were the worst, I mean you get a runestone and suddenly he goes all seeker-like and you hurl fireballs at him, he dies and you have to pay a fortune. frightening stuff

I wil tri my bestest too spel
www.mallmonkeys.com is funny
so is www.squidi.net
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:04 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Don't know about toughest...

Ghost Light is annoying. Small, fast, little XP. Easy to kill if you hit it, but sometimes you have to swing the damn weapon for quite some time, move around as well, before you finally can hit the dang thing. Now imagine some mage at low level with weak weapon skills (can't hit the damn thing with a spell) - plain annoyance for lousy 60 points of XP..

Goblins in a way are annoying. They always try to get behind you and then hit you, and when there's many of them, then this is a knee-high band of tree branch wielders, running and cackling around you. Small, agile.. Annoying, although one smack and they will be pushing up the daisies.

Shadow warriors are dangerous. They are strong, agile, have good HP and dang good armor (their armor has protections like 100 100 50 100). Unlike many other mobs, who wield rusty or even worse weapons, shadow warriors come equipped with decent two handers. They are strong and also skilled. You know, a band of those in some twisty dungeon, where you cannot pick them off at a range - now that's darn dangerous.

Orcs and lizardmen - just pay attention at their combat style. You can always land 2 hits on them at least, when they charge you, they always try to hit you on the head, literally, thus totally opening their defenses. Smack in the legs and they stagger back, then right smack at their head and they stagger back some more. Then they go into defensive mode, jump back some, circle tad and attack again. However, with a good weapon and STR, all you need is those 2 hits to finish them off (elites, warriors and shamans drop in one hit). Same with lizardmen, same style. When I had enough STR to one hit them, then I could kill 4 of them in couple of seconds - one click with the mouse is an attack into legs, another is attack in the head, then another click is a spin attack and another is a cross slash. When you get used to it, you can do this attack serie within a very short time, and also you can lay down 4 orcs/lizardmen in a very short time. Add in the end the left-right slash too and that's 2 additional orcs/lizardmen. I had many times 4 orcs or 4 lizardmen charge me, and I had already become 'professional' enough to execute these attacks flawlessly, so basically the first orc/lizardman corpse didn't even hit the ground yet, when I already had killed the 4th one. Was fun actually to watch: I pull out the sword and wait; they charge; just as the first one tries to hit me, I attack; my char makes 4 precice and fast moves and... *thump thump thump thump* 4 corpses fall on the ground in a row, 4 weapons clanging on the ground also in a row. None of them even finished their attack

Seekers were annoying because of the darn 'movie flick'. I opted to kill them over the range, saves time and is not annoying. Knockback attack was tad overdone, I do not think that every darn golem and other big mob should have it. At least not that strong one. You can imagine how it annoys you - kills too, heh - when you run first time on top of the volcano, turn around the corner and bump into the darn golem, who then promptly smacks you so hard, that you fly over the edge and off the volcano. I swear I saw Hosk-Pak look at me with amazed look, when I flied by him, and I bet he was asking other orcs there "Did you just see something flying by too? What the heck was it?", heh. Also, stone dragon hit me with his breath so hard, that my char got once kicked through the world.

So I don't call any of them too hard or tough, as you will learn fast enough what to do with them and when, but some of them are just too darn annoying and some of them are pretty dangerous.
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:15 am
AndruXD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

meatbugs those damn things are so hard to kill at the beginin
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:40 pm
TCP/IP PROTOCOL
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It would be realy cool if you had to fight 2 dragons on the same time.
I never realy had problems with deamon lords, cause every one I fought got jammed some where.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:50 pm
RahulKumar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

What about the orc colonel? I think he was on par with the shadow warriors at least, but I agree the demonlords were the toughest.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:36 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Yeah, the ghost light are really annoying, If Biff works for you and you're going to defeat the Ice-dragon you gotta watch out for these! If the ghost light stand over Biff's head and none of you can take it out he'll just stand there staring at it. And the bow/crossbow cannot hurt it!
I don't know any other ways than go into marvin mode and type 'kill' on the ghost light.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:28 pm
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

I think Demonlord is the scariest fellow. It is not hard to kill him, but where is 1 Demonlord there are 4 his friends and 5 his girlfriends.

Ex elf... and if you don't belive, go ask Feanor

By the way... Boo!!!! Scared? No?
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:02 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

when i just hired Biff, we went to a pack of dragon snappers, and he got killed
and after that i saved it on the wrong place, so biff can't help me anymore

but when u are in the valley of mines in chapter 4, u walk down the path and go to the right, there is a dead militia with a name ( i don't know his name anymore... it was something like Ted or something).

and the black troll is quit easy to beat... just walk to his back and hit him, do this about 5 minutes (when you are not very strong) and he is dead.
i think the toughest monster is the Undead dragon.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:44 pm
Orc Hunter 06
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

i think the skellies (along with the shadow lords) are the hardest... the run at you and if you dont time you swing just right they parry or jump back, and if there is a lot of them then you spend a bunch of time trying to kill one that is being a wuss while the rest charge and swing freely (and they dont hit softly either )
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:54 pm
karaknic
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

THERE HE IS ! ....brrr spooky even in ch 6 when i saw the seekers again in the halls their screaming scared the shit out of me coz i thought theyd never show up again. But Demonlord is so fast that 2 of em is suicide if you dont have good protection
Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:41 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next