Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Any point at all in joining the old camp?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

Any point at all in joining the old camp?

I always make a save game before joining a camp, in case i regret it and wish to go back. I had joined both the sect camp and the new camp before i decided that i really wanted to join the old camp. But by joining all three camps i noticed that no matter which of them you join the first quest you get is the same. The old and new camp will send you to spy at the sect camp and the sect camp want you to help y'berion with the focus which all leads to the excact same quest.. I dont really understand why i should help the sect camp finding the focus when im working for the old camp. Is there any other way to solve this quest or must you work for the sect camp no matter what? Doesnt that ruin the point of joining up with another camp when you must co-orperate with the sect and then later the new camp without really having a choice? Does it even make a diffirence which camp you join?
Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:39 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The main story remains the same, of course, and the quests remain pretty much the same no matter which camp you decide to join. But it does make a difference regarding your character's development, career choices and part of the storyline.
Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:59 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Basically, you should join like this:
Mage - join the Old Camp(you'll get to be a mage very fast).
Warrior with magic - Templars are the only ones, so join the Brotherhood.
Pure fighter - join the New Camp because Lee will train you in 2handed weapon skill even if you do not get master 1handed weapon.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:09 am
oE|Crusader
Village Leader
Village Leader

ive joined both camps alot, but ive got a problem

i cant join the old camp! so could someone join it then send me the savegame? because i cant join it!...........
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:43 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Download one of the quickstart savegames and join the camp of your choice.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:59 am
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

Where do you find a quickstart savegame?
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:34 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

you can find it at [url=gothic.rpgdot.com]gothic.rpgdot.com[/url]
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:41 pm
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

I donīt like the old camp becaus i donīt like to be an "Gomez slave".
Join the sect camp, it rocks

Try this great game now!
http://www.warriors2.com/default.asp?referedby=163834
http://www.regno.se/default.asp?bonusfrom=3111
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:12 pm
Paladin1124
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Unfortunately once you join a camp the game gets a little linear. No matter what camp you join the outcome will be the same.

That being said I'd go with the Old Camp. Its the funnest place to call a home IMO.
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:12 pm
CrimsonJam
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Another good reason to join the old camp is that you get to learn crossbows earlier. But other than that, and what everyone else has mentioned, there's not really anything special about it.
Post Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:22 am
Ricky
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

OK listen ... its very simple to join the Old camp ... just go and help the Shadows : Dexter, Wistler, Sly. Go to Cavalorn and learn how to sneak and remember to learn something from Fingers as well. Then ya can go to Thorus and ask him why he doesnt give ya the quest then he will ask ya to get rid of mordrag ... just let Mordrag lead ya to the New camp then go back to Thorus ... And DONT forget to go into the old mine and talk to Ian so ya can get the list ... but first you'll have to ask Diego why Ian should give ya the list and you'll have to be level 5. And YES it have a big comfort for Magicians to join the Old camp ... go to Corristo and become a Fire Mage then learn the 4 circles ... After ya have found the focus stones and Saturas ask you to go to the Fire mages ya will be able to join the Water Mages ... do so and ya can learn the fifth circle then later when ya return to Xardas with Uriziel ya can learn the sixth circle and get a robe and the ability to get an rune from Uriziel instead of a sword !!! BTW ya can also go to Scatty when ya want to join the Old camp but it aint easy to beat up Kirgo at such a level and no good weapons.
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:36 pm