Gregs treasure hunt bugged!?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
silberstein
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gregs treasure hunt bugged!?

Hi! Im really annoyed about this. Many quests seems to be a bit buggy in Gothic 2 Notr, but so far I have managed to avoid most of them. But now I'm stuck. I have found all the things Greg has dug down, (a Gold Chalice, an amulet, and a satchel of gold) but there are no new dialoge options! Just the good old "Where did you hid them" thing. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?
Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:13 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you don't have the dialouge option, then you really haven't found everything.

Did you find *4* places to dig (with red "Xs") ? If you didn't get to all 4 then you are not finished.
Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:18 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I think there is a slight bug in this quest(I'm testing my theory soon). If you don't complete the quest before you kill Dexter, and Greg goes nuts in the bandit camp, I don't think you can complete it. If he's still standing at the crossroads, you have managed to either A) Not get all items, or B) Sell one of them to a vendor(like a gold chalice or something).
Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:23 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
I think there is a slight bug in this quest(I'm testing my theory soon). If you don't complete the quest before you kill Dexter, and Greg goes nuts in the bandit camp, I don't think you can complete it. If he's still standing at the crossroads, you have managed to either A) Not get all items, or B) Sell one of them to a vendor(like a gold chalice or something).

I have found this to be true. If you go to Dexter before solving the "Greg" quest, you can't complete it.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:12 am
silberstein
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by elkston
If you don't have the dialouge option, then you really haven't found everything.

Did you find *4* places to dig (with red "Xs") ? If you didn't get to all 4 then you are not finished.

Well 4 if you count the first cave with the goblins? In that case I have done all four. One in the caves, one on the island, one behind the farm, and one near the bandit camp. None of the items have been sold, have'nt even opened the satchel. I have not visited dexter yet because I suspected (my suspicions now confirmed) I would not be able to complete the greg quest if I did. I have still not visited the mercinary camp, could that have have something to do with the greg-quest not working? (Read here on the forums that Greg will have some dialoge options about the mercenaries when the treasure hunt quest is done). By the way, is this quest somehow vital in joining the pirates? I suspect it is...
Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:13 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

No, you missed one. The goblin cave treasure is a different quest and does not count in the treasure hunt.

If you want a hint about the treasure you missed ...

Spoiler:

...Its near the entrance to the valley of mines pass. Go and look around the waterfall and look for a place with a few lurkers.

Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:29 am
silberstein
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks! Cant believe I missed that one, talking to Greg I got the impression there were only 3. He says there is one on the Island, and than two more. But I must have rightclicked away one or something, must check.
Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:51 am
silberstein
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just checked.. and the bloody git doesn't mention it! Would have found it evetually i guess, but before that I would have thrown the game out the window out of frustration! Anyway, thanks for the help..
Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:05 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by silberstein
Just checked.. and the bloody git doesn't mention it! Would have found it evetually i guess, but before that I would have thrown the game out the window out of frustration! Anyway, thanks for the help..

Interesting. I knew where to look because I had played the addon once before (with the fan made translation patch) and he does mention it in the dialouge they translated.

So I never really paid that much attention to what he said this time because I already knew where to go.
Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:00 pm