too easy game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

too easy game

this game is simply a too easy one for me.. i kill almost everything in 1 hit.. ( u know the guy u have to duel in the imperial legion for the master rank with the lords armor etc? i killed him in 2 hits.. he dmg me maybe 10 life..)
so im gonna increase the difficulty very much.. maybe that will help
(useless post.. )
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:11 am
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

No, this game is not too easy. However, I suspect you play this game like Diablo (kill anything that looks hostile, use every possible tactic to get all the 1337 uber gear etc). This is called 'powergaming'. While this is the only way to play in games like Diablo2 (or BG2) you'll find Morrowind is no such game.

Remember: this game is not about killing shit and grabbing stuff. Not about xp runs or super-builds. As one of the reviews said: Morrowind will give you what you put into it. Treat MW like a hack&slash, and you'll get some hack&slash back. Start to roleplay and you'll be overloaded with a vast amount of lore.

No offense, but I suggest you take an alternative route, instead of increasing the diff. Might be more rewarding in the end. Have fun, either way.
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:15 am
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

yeah my english aint super so i only understand half of the things u say.. but i know what u mean .. ill try to do what u said..
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:18 am
Oye
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I dont think being very powerful is a problem at all. I'm head of redoran and several guilds, working my way up the others and i've been across most of the map. I've managed not to powergame too much (though it's hard not to in the beginning), but i'm still easily able to beat any opponent in 1-2 strikes.

The question is; shouldnt i be? I'd certainly expect an npc with such an extensive record to be immensly powerful, so why shouldnt it be like that for me? And as Mephisto said, the game isnt about killing. I dont mind fighting being easy, i rather enjoy that the quests arent simply 'kill this, kill that', and that the environment is rich and immersive and.. [/end rant] I could go on for ages, the point is that it's the other qualities of the game that make it awesome

¯|_
   |_     
     |_

Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:39 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

IMO Morrowind is far too easy and the battles are sooooooooooo boring when you're a warrior:

see monster
monster sees you
monster attacks
(click)
monster dies
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 2:14 am
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

quote:
Originally posted by hoyp

see monster
monster sees you
monster attacks
(click)
monster dies

Is true but I'm into the game.
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:35 am
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

mmmm diablo...... I agree that morrowind can be like that but try playing a thief or mage, it can really be a lot different
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:56 am
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I agree with Mephisto that combat is never going to be the most interesting thing to do in Morrowind. But you can make it tougher with the difficulty slider (since it was introduced I've always played with it all the way up) and some mods: Giants and Morrowind Advanced are recommended for adding tough new monsters, and there are others that rebalance various stats and formulas to provide more challenge.
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:46 am
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

the only monsters that really irritate me are the pack-nix hounds or whatever.. (giants v 2.0) they attack me with mm.. 5 of them or less/more.. i keep blocking 1 attack then the next 4 attack me now i have a daedric longsword (i enchanted) with 10 to 17 fire dmg and 10 to 18 cold dmg .. i kill every pack in 1 shot because my cold & fire range is pretty much..

another thing i DONT like about morrowind: the quests require FAR too much walking sometimes.. like the fourth & fifth trial.. go to this and that.. all those cities lay millions of miles away from me.. so i'm kinda using the "coc" command now.. ( cheat ) teleports me whereever i want
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:21 pm
Oye
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Erm.. I really hope you havent walked your way between cities through the entire game...

¯|_
   |_     
     |_

Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:59 pm
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

less walking you say.... please explain this "coc" command
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:31 pm
Imago Storm
Dremora
Dremora

Personally, I like easy combat. I'm not a friend of reloading 600 times to beat one tough opponent - I want stress-free games, so 'normal' difficulty is okay with me.
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:28 pm
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

the coc command teleports you to a place you typed, example: coc "vivec, arena" teleports u to vivec arena.. coc "gnisis" teleports u to gnisis, coc "moonmoth legion fort" teleports u to moonmoth, ETC though when teleporting to ald-ruhn (coc "ald-ruhn" ) you get placed in the textures of a building.. you can walk out of this though, so not really a big problem
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:49 pm
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Thank you Insane, you have saved me from some long and boring waling and when I say waling i mean walking of course!

Last edited by FireAnt on Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:56 pm
Oye
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

...and turned a player into a cheater. Hurray!

¯|_
   |_     
     |_

Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:19 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next