Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How did the game impact on you? A quick questionaire ;)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

How did the game impact on you? A quick questionaire ;)

Is this game just another (RPG) game that tried it?
- Do you think that MW promised a lot and it failed it?
- Was Dungeon Siege your style? Did you like the fact that there was a complete linear plot?

Have you skipped work for this? (I have;)
- Did your wonder where you were?

When you slept, have you ever had DREAMS (in RL) of this game? (I have
- I saw those cliffracers at one occasion and I died.. I had to get up and get a drink...
- I saw a dream that I could have my own castle, next day I got my own "fortress" which was just ONE HOUSE.. puny little house. Of course it got better.
- I hear the music all the time in my mind!

Were you seriously disappointed after Daggerfall, was this game a total loss?
- Did you dream of the huge dungeons in Daggerfall? WHY?

What would you try to do better?

Is Gothic better than Morrowind?
- If you would like to combine Gothic and MW, what would you take in?

Ok, this is a pretty open questionnaire, not mostly a quiestionnaire at all. I love MW but I want to know what you all think of it
Post Sat May 18, 2002 12:31 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

I have tried several of the FPS style Adventure/RPG style games, and until lately the graphics just killed it for me from the 1st person point of view. Because of that, I was more of a top down Diablo/BG-style of guy. As of lately with increases in technology, these FPS style Adventure/RPG games are looking very good and promising and have became my game-of-choice..

Dungeon Siege was just too linear. I felt like the entire game was just a line and there was no point in ever going back, and there was no central location like a certain town that felt like base or home.

I would never skip work to play this, but it is nice to be on summer break from college so I have a lot of time to get absorbed into it. (I got absorbed into Gothic during my semester and lost a lot of study hours )

I have had no dreams of this title yet, and if I did I would keep it to myself

I wasn't much for Daggerfall. I didn't buy it so I never played it for more than a couple of minutes. Therefore, I can't really compare the two.

My main gripe about the Morrowind is, well a lot. Fighting little worms and rats is a joke. Having crimes being automatically reported sucks. Right clicking on a bed is a crime? Give me a break. Having everyone know you and your reputation is lame. Having all of the NPC's try to start coversations by making comments EVERY time you walk by sucks. The list could go on and on... Most of all: this game has like a million bugs. (It loads too much, char stick to walls and corners, fall through floors, consume too much memory and cpu drain. If a lesser named company had released this it would be rated in the 70's and patches would be demanded before serious consideration.

I think Gothic was much better than Morrowind as far as the npc and environmental interaction. I also learned to love the Gothic Combat system. To combine the two I would take everything from Gothic and put it in a world the size of Morrowind. Isn't that what Gothic II is supposed to be like
Post Sat May 18, 2002 3:09 am