Humph... (spoilers)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

Humph... (spoilers)

So I just completed the game and well, what a disappointment! First off it was pathetically easy, I just used a few holy missiles on it, although I have heard some people using death to the undead, (which I didn't think of because in Gothic 1 you couldn't kill any of the undead bosses, as far as I can remember)and I think some people even used shrink monster and fear!? . Again, the ending was complete crap, a talk from Xardas, which gave no useful information at all. The Seekers. Now I was expecting something BIG with those, they were the tormented souls of the Sect loonies, I was thinking of a reapperance of the Sleeper? No chance. What was the point of taking all of thise people with you on the ship? None, they didn't do anything apart from sell a few things, which, to be honest, I didn't need, Gorn didn't even see "some action" . So, the credits came, I done te obligitory "wait-and-see-they-have-something-big-in-store-for-us" move. I got them arguing about wether to drop a few gold coins overboard, and I thought I would have never had to listen to that godawful voice of Diego again, give me he old voice actor any day.
Sorry if I ranted on a bit (and if it didn't make any sense ). Mabye Gothic 3 or possibly this "Night of the Raven" Will redeem the series from two crap endings in a row.

PS- Why could we not have sorted out that Orc siege? I mean I killed one of the shamans (or did I miss something BIG??, don't laugh if I did ) Or is this going to be continued in the addon?

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:04 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Re: Humph... (spoilers)

quote:
Originally posted by iron man likes asparagus
PS- Why could we not have sorted out that Orc siege? I mean I killed one of the shamans (or did I miss something BIG??, don't laugh if I did ) Or is this going to be continued in the addon?

Yes, the ending is..... interesting, to say the least. But then you just found out that you're a something of you-know-which-god and Xardas is the same something for that-other-god.

And about that siege, I would have thought that it should be ended already, I mean, if you are as cleanly as I am, then you cleared out all the orcs in the game and not just the shaman. And there they are, Paladins and Dragon Hunter all afraid of a little or siege.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:40 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

hmm, I think when we play the expansion the ending will fit in nicely They have quite clearly made way for the expansion, and very cleverly too!

Wanna know who/what the seekers were? Buy the expansion
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:13 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Actually the identity and origin of the Seekers will be revealed to you if you do the following in Chapter 3:

***SPOILERS*****

1. Beat down someone who is possessed by the Seekers. Vino or Fernando for instance.
2. Look on their body and get the "Almanac of the Possesed".
3. DO NOT read the almanac (you will become possessed yourself if you do)
4. Instead, bring it to Brother Karras at the Monastery.
5. In a few days, he will explain to you about the Seekers...
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:23 am