LoL, only on a german game...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Joey
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

LoL, only on a german game...

Only on a german game would u be able to "have fun" in a broffle and only in a german gamewould their be nude pics. Whats the rating on ur G2 box anywayz? mine is a 12, and im not promoting age limits or anything but i do think thats a bit leaniant, not forgetting some language in the game too.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:44 pm
SilentSam
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That's europe for you! They're much less sexually repressed than us yanks.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:15 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I believe that cutscene will be ... well... cut... for the americanized version. Perhaps that's part of the reason for the massive delay... not deleting that cut scene (which is one file), but reworking some of the spoken dialogue to get the language down to a M rating.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:21 pm
Nicolas
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: LoL, only on a german game...

quote:
Originally posted by Joey
Only on a german game would u be able to "have fun" in a broffle and only in a german gamewould their be nude pics. Whats the rating on ur G2 box anywayz? mine is a 12, and im not promoting age limits or anything but i do think thats a bit leaniant, not forgetting some language in the game too.

Nude pics... where ?
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:21 pm
Ryberg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I come from Denmark, and I have the english version, at least its at english, its rated 12+. What nude scene are you talking about?
If your talking about the one with Nadja, then it is definitly not cut out in this version i have
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:25 pm
SilentSam
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Another thing that may delay the american version is the whole "swampweed" thing. The U.S. is very Anti-marijuana and so the correlations between the two will I'm sure piss off a few Senators or Governors. I'm sure Atari doesn't want to get sued by the government for 'encouraging the use of illicit substances'.

Of course, that's all speculation...
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:12 pm
amos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Swampweed made it into the original. I doubt they'll have to get rid of it, and I bet it would be difficult. As for nudity, I bet thats gone before it hits this side of the pond, but really, why, if its M rated? Doesn't matter too much to me as I'll probably end up buying a UK version because I don't feel like waiting anyway.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:39 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I'm in Canada and I wish the distributor for England and other English-G2 countries (denmark, nordics, etc.) had a deal to get their stuff out here. we are supposedly pro weed and pro gays and you can see uncensored women's titties on local TV at 10:00pm, so i don't think the game would be a problem here. But thanks to the right wing american regulators we only get it the same time they do... if they ever do. Good thing i ordered my copy from overseas
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:01 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

It would be a surprise for some of you, but one research found that Americans are more ready in supporting traditional values, religious, and political correctness than most Europeans. In term of religious attitudes, Americans actually closer to Indians, Indonesians (Islam), Philippine (Christianity) or people in Turkey than in Germany, France, Italy, Japan or South Korea.

In another finding from game industry on censorship, Americans are stricter on violence and especially sexual matter in various games. While in German although government also concern about the threats of violence (history of WWII), they apparently more open about sexual stuff.

Personally, i don't find the particular sex scene in G2 is worth the time & money spent by developer. It doesn't really enhance the story or plot. There is no romantic subplot anyway in G2. Perhaps it's good for young people who terribly curious about that kind of things.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:25 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Well of course it makes sense that Americans are more "socially conservative"... thats always been true. And this ties into other countries which are socially conservative, many of them part of the so-called "third world". The general trend in history is that as societies grow more "advanced", they grow more "liberal". but thats obviously not quite true in the case of USA, as its very advanced, but more conservative than Europe, canada, australia, etc.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:40 pm
Wicked Noble
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I think Joey means the Nude painting at the castle... Right ?
Its a very cool painting tho... If only I got room for soch a big painting at home... hæhæ

btw. The 2 girls on the painting has bikini's/thong's on,, auch!! ... dont think the were invented at that time but hey WHO CARES
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:26 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

someone needs to create a mod featuring nude skins for all the female townspeople.... okay maybe not
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:32 pm
Wicked Noble
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

... And chiken skins for Scaventers (or what ever they are call'd)
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:35 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

they already look like chickens... and they taste like chicken too!
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:56 pm
Archaven
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Wow..

are there really nudity cutscenes in g2? is it the UK version?
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:32 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next