Biggest disappointment
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

Disappointing: all TES games

Everyone seems to hype these games but they I absolutely hate combat in all of em.

Overrated: Fighting games (mortal combat etc...)
any game made by EA
all games made by blizzard.
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:39 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Actually i changed my mind.

My biggest disappointment was Star Wars Galaxies.

Most overrated would have to be both Fallouts and Planescape. I just dont see what you guys see in those games.
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:58 am
Namirrha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Secret Agent Lawanda
Enclave. Blade of Darkness it ain't. :p

Blade of Darkness is king for complicated, satisfying hack-n-slash.
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:21 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Biggest disappointment - M&M9. Most games I wait to get some feed back on before purchasing them ... so I've missed a number of big bombs that way ... but M&M9 I bought the first day it was out. I was soooo hoping the trend started in 8 would be reversed ... nope!

Most overated ... Hmmm a toughie.... I'd have to say Baldur's Gate. It was okay ... but not any where near good enough to get me to purchase BG 2 ... despite many, many recommendations from people whose opinions I value very highly. The first one just left a flat flavor in my mouth ... I was happy when it was over and I could give it away.
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:33 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

By hearing this, I see how little games i played... But i dont mind coz i am still young I have much more time to play games...
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:55 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

disappointment:
Pirates of the carribean,
operation flashpoint,
morrowind,
enter the matrix.

overrated:
hmm... don't know exactly, i think most of the games Bethesda sotworks inc. made. (like pirates ot the carribean and morrowind.)
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:35 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Disappointement: Dungeon Siege, how could I forget it?
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:46 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

Well, I remembered now when I saw Neo's post; I was also very disappointed at Operation Flashpoint, as I had heard so much good things about it.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:01 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

I think ALL FPS's are overrated... except Postal2 maybe
Why do you guys like them?
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:27 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

yes, i had the same thing Toaster... all my friends said it was a great game, so i bought it together with the soviet campaign... waste of my money.
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:19 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

@~NOBODY~ A lot of us think FPS games are fun. I certainly think a good FPS is easily worth a $50 price tag.

Biggest disappointment: Enter the Matrix. Luckily I just borrowed it from a friend (I am so glad I didn't waste my money on it). I installed it expecting cool kung-fu moves, but all I got was mediocrity (plus the game refuses to uninstall).
Most overrated: Empire Earth. This game is just like rock-paper-scissors. Play it, you'll see what I mean.

Boy, a lot of you guys are really ranting about Neverwinter Nights. I love that game! It's fabulous (I guess that's just my opinion really)!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:49 pm
Dov
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Biggest disappointment: Master of Orion 3. Man, I was waiting for this game for years, I thought it was going to be the end-all, be-all of turn-based strategy games, and instead I got a tax simulator. I'll never forgive them for what they've done to the MOO series.
Most overrated: Warcraft III. It's big draws were supposed to be 3d graphics and hero units. Sorry, many games had already done that, like Battlerealms, which has better graphics than WCIII and came out two years before. Plus, WCIII doesn't have anything to make it more than a cookie cutter RTS: just build up a bunch of weak fast units and rush. That's not strategy, that's throwing your troops in the meat grinder and hoping you have more than your enemy.
Post Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:00 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

quote:
Originally posted by Dov
Biggest disappointment: Master of Orion 3. Man, I was waiting for this game for years, I thought it was going to be the end-all, be-all of turn-based strategy games, and instead I got a tax simulator. I'll never forgive them for what they've done to the MOO series.

Same with me, although i might forgive them. But still, MOO3 was supposed to be a killer game, and they set out to do that, but then they changed things for the worst. It is easily the worst implementation of a strategy game in recent history.
Post Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:20 am
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Disappointment:

MOO3 - atrocious

Civilization 3, simcity3000, simcity 4 - not much improvement at all. It improved cosmatically. That's about it.

The Sims - I thought the concept was interesting, but the game has evolved into a girl's game. When I walk into a shop, I felt totally gay just standing right next to them on the shelves.

gothic 2 - probably because my expectation is too high since gothic 1 is a great game.
Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:27 am
poindexter1985
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Most disappointing: Contract JACK. Either that, or Fallout 3 (and the fact that it doesn't exist).

Over-Rated: Gee, where to start... anything GTA, anything Warcraft III, Baldur's Gate 2 (which is great, but not the be-all, end-all RPG reviews make it out to be). Any post-SNES Final Fantasy games.

And we can't forget to give some kind of honor to The Sims Online with the underage cyber-whores.
Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:00 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next