View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > RPGDot

Author Thread
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

quote:
Originally posted by Sasa
I wonder, Myrthos have you ever finished this game?

Finished? I wish I had the time to finish any game, let alone start one. But Spellforce hasn't been released yet to my knowledge.

There will be a WoW forum, but not a warcraft forum.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:34 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Not that I want an WarCraft Forum, but Mirthos, if there is a SpellForce forum, which is rarely going to be an RPG, and a LoK forums (as a part of the Vampire one) which is also not an RPG, why can't there be a WarCraft or a Warlords forum?
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:22 pm
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

There are several reasons why a forum will be opened or not. First it has to have some relation to an RPG. As to how many RPG elements there are in an RTS/RPG hybrid and if such a hybrid then still qualifies as an RPG, is debated in other topics with a variety of opinions. As will be the opinions about how much more or less an RPG Spellfoce or Vampire is with respect to Warcraft or any other game.

We've chosen most forums to be opened for games that are not yet released but are expected to have some discussion about them and are tracked by RPGDot. We've made a selection of the possibilities using a variety of reasons.

With the same reasoning, forums will be closed again also. If a forum no longer attracts any attention it will be closed again.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:40 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Geez people, before you contact a hitman, take a breath. You are still welcome to discuss ANY game you want in AOT and ANY RPG you want in CRPG General. Just because a game or franchise doesn't get it's own forum doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Look at the Might&Magic series- one of the more popular series ever according to our "Top 100" list, but it hasn't had it's own forum in over a year. It's not like conversation has been banned- we still get the occasional thread as people revisit those classics.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:35 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Dte, do you think that Morrowind forums are very active?
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:47 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by ~NOBODY~
Dte, do you think that Morrowind forums are very active?
Not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand, but that's never stopped you in the past....

To answer your question, I expect we will be closing the MW-Plugin forum in the near future. A handful of useful threads from that forum will be moved into the MW-General forum and the rest will go away. This closure is because the Plugin forum doesn't get much traffic. As long as MW-General and MW-Spoilers continue to get posts daily (usually multiple posts per day), I don't see anything happening to them. At some point down the road, MW-Spoilers will probably be folded into the MW-General and Morrowind will no longer have it's own group (it will be part of the main RPG group). CFMDobbie and I will be putting our heads together to figure out what needs to be done.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:31 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

If it didn't stop me, I'd have 7.9384 million posts .

But it HAS something to do with this topic. I meant that Morrowind forums will certainly be cut into one, so one of you(either you or cfm) will get a bit less influence.
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:26 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
But it HAS something to do with this topic. I meant that Morrowind forums will certainly be cut into one, so one of you(either you or cfm) will get a bit less influence.

I don't think personal influence is relevant, is it? This isn't some kind of power trip, you know...

EDIT: Unless there's some kind of equation involved and an "influence rating" stored in the database, something like ((NumPosts + (NumYears*10)) * (ForumsModerated / CoModerators)), plus 200 for a custom avatar? I'd better have a poke around...
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:16 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Well, I don"t exactly understood what is the determing reason for making a game/franchize it"s own topic, and as far as the Vampire and Wolrd of Warcraft forums, I both like em, and find them useful, but as far as the SpellForce and Fallout forums, I don"t think like them - ecpessially the SpellForce one, as I find that it is neither an RPG, nor is it going to be very interesting. As for the Fallout forum, I think that it is not the time and place for it, as there games (Fallout 1 & 2) are for the 'Oldies but Goldies', more recent ones (Fallout tacicts) are either not that good (for PC), or out (for consoles), and Fallout 3 has not be oficially announced, although we all know it is being developed. Btw, what the is Sacred?
BTw, i don"t think that there should be a Warcraft forum. But I think that you should make a Warlords - games in the franchise are being both released and developed, although I still can find out what makes the guys at Infinite still make great, but sadly underrated games, and a Might & Magic forum - it is one of the oldest franchizes around, and still great games are being developed there - I am pretty sure that Ubi Soft (the current holders of the franchize) will announce a new line-up of games pretty soon.
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:54 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

About the equation, why not? But if it was like that, I'd have just 200(just for the ava) influence , like most of the people here . I think that the equation should be ((NumPosts + NumWeeks)/10) + ((ForumsModerated/CoModerators) * 100) + 200ForCustomAvatar

Anyway, I meant that a "Bold Yellow Name"(divinity) has some priorities.
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:00 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Armageddona
Well, I don"t exactly understood what is the determing reason for making a game/franchize it"s own topic, and as far as the Vampire and Wolrd of Warcraft forums, I both like em, and find them useful, but as far as the SpellForce and Fallout forums, I don"t think like them - ecpessially the SpellForce one, as I find that it is neither an RPG, nor is it going to be very interesting. As for the Fallout forum, I think that it is not the time and place for it, as there games (Fallout 1 & 2) are for the 'Oldies but Goldies', more recent ones (Fallout tacicts) are either not that good (for PC), or out (for consoles), and Fallout 3 has not be oficially announced, although we all know it is being developed. Btw, what the is Sacred?
BTw, i don"t think that there should be a Warcraft forum. But I think that you should make a Warlords - games in the franchise are being both released and developed, although I still can find out what makes the guys at Infinite still make great, but sadly underrated games, and a Might & Magic forum - it is one of the oldest franchizes around, and still great games are being developed there - I am pretty sure that Ubi Soft (the current holders of the franchize) will announce a new line-up of games pretty soon.

The Fallout forum was opened because everybody except you wanted to have it.
Might & Magic will not get a new forum in the foreseeable future. We had a M&M forum, it was closed due to lack of activity.
If you want to know what Sacred is the new forum or the games database should have some infos.
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:30 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:
I think that the equation should be ((NumPosts + NumWeeks)/10) + ((ForumsModerated/CoModerators) * 100) + 200ForCustomAvatar

According to that I rule the universe. Woohoo!
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:30 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

because you have so much posts......
**how does she do that? gain so much posts?**
Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:39 am
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

quote:
Originally posted by Val
quote:
I think that the equation should be ((NumPosts + NumWeeks)/10) + ((ForumsModerated/CoModerators) * 100) + 200ForCustomAvatar

According to that I rule the universe. Woohoo!

Don't you?
Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:15 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Yes, and now Empress Val commands you to stop asking us questions.
Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:09 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next