Italian/English addon
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Drake5
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Italian/English addon

Well, I ordered the Italian addon on 8/4, and I got it today. (8/29)
I have the UK G2, and it installs just fine. However, because the Italian version is 2.7, the translation mod OR the 2.6 patch won't install.

If someone knows how to get around the version check for either, please let me know.

On a side note, I got the english files (before they were taken off), and I would like to fix the typos. does anybody know how to go about doing that?
Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:08 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Why would you want to install a patch labelled "2.6" over a game with the revision 2.7 ?
Can you install the mod without the patch? Somebody else said it works.

Donīt know about how to modify the files.
Post Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:06 pm
Figment
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think the Italian version that he has is 2.7 already.. he's trying to downgrade it to 2.6 so he can install the patch.

It looks like you are stuck at the moment unless the translation team update the mod to version 2.7 as well.
Post Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:13 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The mod should install. I asked somebody to check if the straight installation G2 UK -> Italian add-on -> subtitle mod works. He said he had no problems.
Post Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:20 am
Nagorak
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have the same problem. I have Italian 2.7 and it doesn't work. Maybe a new italian version was released recently? The mod installs, but when you load it up with the Gothic starter, it doesn't work. Perhaps this is because you need a version 2.7 Gothic starter?

I solved the problem by downloading a 2.6 NO CD version of the German exe. Once I had 2.6 it worked fine. Unfortunately, I have no idea whether I'll run into problems during the game due to the version mismatch. So far it works, though.
Post Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:57 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

You have to do the something similar with the English version(change .exe file to a German one, although not crack it), so there should be no problems once you get into the game.

And welcome to the forums by the way!
Post Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:19 am
Jonah
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have this set up (Gothic Uk + Italian NOTR + Translation Mod). When I click translated NOTR on the launcher all I get is a black screen, all I have to do is press the space bar and it then works. There seems to be an error message popping up but everything works fine once space is pressed
Post Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:39 pm