Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic (PC, Single-Player RP
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread

It will be something special and I think that many fans of Star Wars willlike it. And I hope the control will mot be console type.
I also hope that that game will not be short- 40-45 hours will be good.
Post Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:21 pm

Larinson
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Roll on another Badlurs Gate 2 (with Throne of Bhaal add on ). Seriously though, I doubt it will be that long. Especially as it is also a console game. We may be lucky though.....
Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:39 am
Dorgan Maelstrom
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Why was this game realeased on console first? Bloody crazy that. Anyways its on the top of my christmas wish list.

FOR THE

MAELSTROM!
Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:41 am

In case anybody missed all the "Game Of The Year" hype, this one really is worth picking up. Bioware used a d20 D&D-type combat system, so its quite easy to get into if you've played those sort of games before. Its not a hard game at all, but its loads of fun - great story, many interesting NPC's (with superb voice acting), and some intriguing and complex quests. I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but this game has much of the charm of the original three movies. Fairly linear, moderate replay value. You want to go through at least twice, as an evil alignment gives a much different ending than good. Its not on the scale of a Baldur's Gate, but trust me, these guys haven't lost their touch.
Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:21 am

Mariamus

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Bioware used a d20 D&D-type combat system, so its quite easy to get into if you've played those sort of games before.

Actually, I've never played this type of game first, and I was quite intimidated by the controls and stuff, but 5 minutes later I was running around doing all sorts of things with ease. it's quite easy to get used to the controls and everything, and i'm HOOKED!
Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:16 pm

Vince Bly
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Swkotor

I finished SWKOTOR last night. In most ways I found the game well done and the interface, if not ideal, quite usable. Certainly the inventory system and player movement could be improved, although other aspects, such as the graphics, plot, and voice acting were quite good.

However, near the end, in the Star Forge, I experienced real fustration due to what seemed like a real flaw in the game system. Maybe I missed something!? When you reach Deck 2, Malak sends his minions to kill you. I believe the tide of minions is endless--that is they will keep coming forever. So, you have to fight the minions as you make your way across Deck 2 to the elevator. The problem is your characters keep running the opposite way to engage the enemy. While you steer one character toward the elevator, the other two run as fast as they can the other way--to fight a stream of enemies that will never end. It's like trying to herd gnats! It took me hours to get them across the Deck--just because of what appears to be a flaw in the game interface. Has anyone else experienced this?

vtb
Post Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:31 pm