Third Trial
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Silvek
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Third Trial

I've done all the trials from nr. 1 to nr. 5 and I'm currently doing nr. 6.

During the third trial, I finished Sul-Matuul's quests and went to the cave and got the moon and star ring.

However, when I speak with the wise woman in the camp and select 'my judgement', she says that I've passed the first and second but not the third and I should speak with her after I've done it.

When I talk to her about the first, second, fourth or fifth trial, she says that I've´compleded the trials but when I ask about 'Third trial', she says "Tell me about it" and she listens but that's it.

Is that all she's supposed to say or do I have to do something else?
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:19 am
Guest Dare

Did you go retrieve the bow for the Ashkan yet? He needs to tell you about the third trial, not the wise woman.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:33 am

Guest Dare

By the way, I don't remember the ring as being the main goal of any of the trials. IIRC it was merely a stepping stone to get the option to be declared the Nerevarine.
The third trial had to do with infilitrating the original 6th house base and retrieving proof that you had been there for the Ashkan. He is testing your courage, etc....
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:37 am

Silvek
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Aha, could it be that the gathering of items for the Ashkan is the third trial...

I got the three items that the Ashkan required (shield, cup, corpus something) and that's when he told me about the cave.

But I don't recall him asking about any bow...
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:50 am
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

quote:
Originally posted by Guest Dare
Did you go retrieve the bow for the Ashkan yet? He needs to tell you about the third trial, not the wise woman.

Isn´t that the part when he declares you somekind of tribe-buddy? Before getting the three things? And isn´t the third trial about the Nerevarine is resistant to corprus? I could be wrong here, since I haven´t played the mainquest or the game itself for a couple of days, and my memory is fading quickly nowadays.
And @Silvek: Where in stockholm? Me, Fisksätra...

CrossTopicBaner
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:00 pm
Silvek
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I do remember getting a bow, bonebiter or something, for someone.

But I'm pertty sure that the third trial ends with you getting the moon and star ring from the cavern of the incarnate.

And where in Stockholm? Älvsjö is where I call home.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:27 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Well, as someone mentioned, talk to the ashkan of the urshilaku-whatever camp. The northernmost one, it is he that gives you the third quest. I think... Otherwise, it is a buggy game. I got major problems in the fith trial, where no-one wanted to talk me about the important stuff. It all ended up with me doing a plugin that solved it. However, that feels like cheating to me...

CrossTopicBaner
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:31 pm
Silvek
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, sometimes that's neccesary.
I killed off the mage guildmaster as part of my final quest for the mages guild. Later I got a mission to find a spy in the mages guild and the now-dead guildmaster had the papers I needed to finish the quest.
There was no way to finish it except to get the papers using the console...

About the original question, I'm doing the 6th trial now and I've completed the third quest and I'm just wondering if it's only me or if the wise woman says the same thing to more people. It's a bit annoying not getting confirmation on a completed trial.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:00 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Heh, just you wait ´til you finished the mainquest and see what she says then. Stupid woman didn´t understand that I saved hers and everybodies necks! She´s a bit slow on the information-update-department...

CrossTopicBaner
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:29 pm
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

I didn't think it'd even be possible to complete trials 4 and 5 w/o doing the 3rd.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:04 pm
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

quote:
Originally posted by Silvek

About the original question, I'm doing the 6th trial now and I've completed the third quest and I'm just wondering if it's only me or if the wise woman says the same thing to more people. It's a bit annoying not getting confirmation on a completed trial.

Yes, same thing happened to me, and I am guessing everyone. Thats just another bug in the game; the NPC dialog does not update along with your progress. Just continue on. I don't think there is a need to talk to her anymore.
Post Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:02 am