Village Dweller

well my party is:
fighter= lizardman
fighter= draco
samurai= human
ranger= mook
preist= wolf person thiny
mage= elf

i dunno if u guys think thats good but they are doing really well....we are currently searchin for the keys in the monastery....oh and i was wondering if you could give me some tips on how to distribute points to the different chars..thanks
Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 12:26 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Fighter - lizardsman
Priest - hobit
Monk - fearie
Mage - elf
Valkyrie - human
Ranger - human
Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 1:34 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Well..

Ranger - Human
Bishop - Hobbit
Mage - Faerie
Fighter - Dwarf
Fighter - Lizardman
Valkyrie - Elf

Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 3:45 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I am new to this type of game. I have started the game with this crew:
1. Lizard Fighter
2. Farie Ninja
3. Elven Bishop
4. Mook Ranger
5. Faerie Mage
6. Hobbit Rogue
Like I said, I've just started the game. Will I have any problems here with this batch of people? The manual is not very helpful on how to apply level-up points. I don't have a clue, so I just put them on the profession requirements. Strength as needed, etc.
Post Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:22 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Hi Max Killen, nice to see you here
I think your party is good and you will have no problems...
Important is to develope one character as attack_mage and one as healing/protection_mage
It is also helpful to have two characters skillful with melee weapons.
Very useful are also skills which you get when you reach 100 with one of your characteristics (dexterity/vitality/strenght/inteligence...).
It means when you have 100 inteligence, your character will get new skill "Iron Will" with 0 skill points and you can invest your exp. points there, these skills are very useful.

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-02-08 14:46 ]
Post Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:45 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Welcome Max!

Dani's advice is solid...listen to the man!

I will just further what he said with this: Concentrate on one or two attributes and get them maxed out..i.e. don't try to raise a fighter's strength, dexterity, vitality, and speed..concentrate on maxxing his strength first..then think about what else you want to try..

Better to max out attributes and THEN focus on the others rather than try to raise them all at the same time!

Post Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:31 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Well, I got my copy yesterday and started playing. My party is:

• Rawulf Lord

• Felpurr Samurai

• Hobbit Rogue

• Mook Gadgeteer

• Elf Bishop

• Gnome Alchemist

I thought that this party would be no good, because it's lacking a third fighter-type, but the rogue more than makes up for it, with backstabs, etc. The gadgeteer isn't doing much damage, but I'm hoping he'll improve when he levels up (I also couldn't resist getting one, because it's the new class).

My party in wizardry 7 was, btw.:

• Human Lord

• Dracon Samurai

• Human Ranger

• Hobbit Bard

• Human Priest

• Faerie Mage

I kind of went nuts in multiclassing them at some point, I am not really sure why. The Hobbit bard was never much use, only at the start with the sleep-ability of the lute.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:02 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Congrat Maggot, and happy hunting!

My comment for your party.
Exchance the Lord for a Dracon fighter. The Lords spells will be useless, and he/she will always be behind the fighter in melee abilities.
Exchange either the rogue or the Gadgeteer for a "Farie Mage". You will find a third front warrior out in the world!
The Bishop is better than a priest!
An Alchemist is deadlier than a Psionic in the middle/endgame.
The Samurai is the best alternative to the fighter in the front row along with the monk.
You can find a good NPC monk in the game, who will join you wherever you go!
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:13 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Well, I don't know. I'm a bit attached to the Gadgeteer, now that he's started blinding opponents. I think I might swap the rogue out, though, since the Gadgeteer has some lockpick and disarm skills, and I don't really like picking pockets.

Don't know about the Lord, he seems to be doing OK, but I suddenly realized my Alchemist is a good enough backup healer, maybe I'll just go for a lizardman fighter.

The party is doing fine as it is, though. Nothing that a party needs that seems to be uncovered, although the bishop is agonizingly slow at levelling.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:55 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, this party is good enough. This from Michael C were just tips how to make it even better.
But do it as you like. F. e. gadgeteers specialization on "repairing thing" seems quit useless for me. Ok - not really useless, but not enough useful to make gangeteer member of my party. But if you like him and you are interesting in what is he doing when he is new class, then...
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 3:07 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Yeah, I know. I wasn't complaining about Michael C's opinion, I agree with him on at least one point (the faerie mage) and might even go for the fighter he suggested. How are Valkyries? (in Wiz 7, fighters, lords and valkyries were roughly equal, able to use mostly the same weapons and armor. The only thing that set them apart was that lords and possibly valkyries (can't remember) could cast some spells)
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 3:34 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, Valkyrie can cast spells.
But this is not what make them equal to fighters (they are weaker fighter).
What is important is that they can survive their own death. Rather - they will always survive their 1st death in every fight when they are not out of order and they will "wake up" with full HP points. That make them very good melee fighters.

And one more thing:
it is not important that Valkyrie can cast spells because you will need two skillful spellcasters (healer and "attacker"). And that will be enough.
My Valkyrie and my ranger were quit good at healing and I used them in the place of resting, but I really did not need their healing skills during fights (because I needed them to kill oponents )

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-02-14 09:45 ]
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 3:39 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

I agree with Danicek, The Lords and Valkyries spells are not worth the while, they very soon get useless compared to the real spellcasters. The Valkyries "cheat death" ability makes her an excellent front row warrior, eventhough she will not match a pure warrior in the long run in damage dealing!
Regarding armor: All the frontline melee warriors can use roughly the same, except the Samurai, who got his/her own selection of clothes.
Don't despair of your slow leveling bishop. He will turn out to be the best protection/healer caster as well as one of your deadliest spell attacking characters (multiple spellbooks).
If you don't like "pick pocketing" then get rid of the "Rogue", His other abilities will not be worth the while in the mid/end game. Your Gadgeteer can open the chests/doors as well as you found out youself. Actually your spellcasters and some "knock knock" tools can open all chests in the mid/endgame without any locksmith expert!

[ This Message was edited by: Michael C on 2002-02-15 02:44 ]
Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 8:41 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, I did not have rogue in my party and I did not have gadgeteer, I did not have any NPC that was able to picklock (because only one was dead).
I even did not have any items that add this ability (I had hut and shield, but I sold them somewher).
Though that I was able to open every door and every chests (because I was able to force them open with my fighter, it took some time, but it was possible)).
Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 9:12 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

It's possible to force chests open, but as you state it can be tiresome.
Even better is to find a hat (or shield) as you state or anything else for that matter, that will boost everyone who put the things on with an initial Lock/disarm ability. Then during lockpicking, cast the spell "Divine trap" (Low level spell) and the lock/disarm ability will be boosted multiple times according to the power you use in the spell, and wupti you got an excellent lockpicker with a very high lockpicking skill!
Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 9:23 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next