Usergroups
A question about Gothic I fanart or fan based comics
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Lord Shinaoth, you just got yourself a ticket for being published on GothicDot . Go on!
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:07 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

Wow, Lord Shinaoth that's great! When I saw the first picture you posted my first though was, 'hey that looks like Gean(sp?) Reno', and then about two seconds later I realized, 'hey I know that scene! That was right before she paintballed the jogger!'
Hmm, I just realized I say 'hey' a lot.
Anyway, that's some great stuff. The Moderators here are good about putting people's stuff up on the site, so keep the drawings coming!
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:46 am
Lord Shinaoth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I will

The first image I posted is indeed from Leon, (or based on a scene from leon) it was part of a Sig I made for someone on the Day of Defeat boards.

At the moment I'm working on the story, and the best thing to approach this is that it's based on the Gothic world with the prison colony and focused on the old camp mostly.. before the arrival of the "hero" where the game in fact starts. So it's more or less loosly based. That way I have some freedom of making a story IMO.

More images soon..
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:46 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

And the story please. When it's done, send it to me (for general formatting info on text/pics, look here).
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:16 pm
Lord Shinaoth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Please remember the story is at the moment more a synopsis, a slimmed down explaiantion of the actual story in scenes and what globally will happen scene-by scene.

I can make a readable (in text) story about it, but that will take time off course. If on the other hand you'd like to read a small version of the plot for review on certain matters (is it gothic related ect ect..) then give me a notice.. basically my primairy goal is to make a comic based on the Gothic world - The story I've written is for the most part for refference purposes.
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:18 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Very nice.
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:18 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Val
I really like your style.
Yeah, me to.

Well, what can I say? Maybe....HOW THE **** CAN YOU DRAW LIKE THAT? That is really amazing.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:27 pm
Lord Shinaoth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ok, I'm back with something to show you all, it's the first "strip" from the story, still without the text so it's still in the preview phase. But the Images and colour are pretty much final.

this might load for a few..

The question I have to Jaz & Co. is shall I send it per strip or more, let's say 3 - 4 ? basically 3 to 4 strips make a page if it was a true comic book in a way. But that would take some time to complete. I can manage to complete one strip in let's say two days at best (drawing and colouring - maybe three days with more complicated drawings)

I hope you all like the result of the drawings so far.
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 3:54 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I can't see your pics right now... only red Xs...

I'd rather have you send them 'page-wise' if it's possible. Then people can anxiously wait for the next page to be fininshed ...
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:04 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I see it and I'm already anxiously waiting!
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:38 pm
Lord Shinaoth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Please try again, Jaz.. it should work allright now. It's not a geoshitties server, but a stable Wanadoo one. I haven't had any problems with it in the past.

Maybe they were down for just a sec ;\

A page it will be then, 4 strips Might be next week until completion of the strips, but I'll keep those interested posted with scetches ect..
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:05 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Great, Shinaoth. I guess I couldn't see them while I was at work because now that I'm home I see the strip just perfectly.

Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:13 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shinaoth

The question I have to Jaz & Co. is shall I send it per strip or more, let's say 3 - 4 ? basically 3 to 4 strips make a page if it was a true comic book in a way. But that would take some time to complete. I can manage to complete one strip in let's say two days at best (drawing and colouring - maybe three days with more complicated drawings)

This depends on the pace of the story. A comic book with continuing storyline should be released in chapters, IMO. A chapter can of course be a page like in some classics, for example Prince Valiant, or even a single strip. I think you should concentrate on creating your comic. When you have a few pages we start releasing them weekly or bi-weekly in complete mini stories. An example: hero rests at a small inn, collects infos, asks for the way and leaves, (or with a cliffhanger: he sees some shadows behind a tree ... ).
In short: it depends on your story.

quote:
I hope you all like the result of the drawings so far.

Yeah, looks cool.
Post Sat Jul 27, 2002 2:25 am
Lord Shinaoth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yes I am aware of the type of "chapters" that you mean here. The only problem I forsee with treating scenes as chapters is that it might end at the middle of a page, consisting of four strips. I will look into the matter if this can be done within my story, but I can't be sure.

Also scenes as chapters might lead to some very long chapters, and very small ones. But I'll see if it's feasable.
Post Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:40 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Concentrate on your story. WeŽll find the best way to publish it.
Post Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:11 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next