lets face it..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

lets face it..

the morrowind forum is dieing.. in 2 months i saw a max of 3 posts.. maybe 4 maybe people dont come on here cause the sites so damn laggy, or noone plays it anymore, who knows..
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:39 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Could be that the original game is nearly 2 years old and there are other things (better, for some) for RPGDotters to play now.

As for the site, I have no delays whatsoever. Page loads are practically instantaneous. Perhaps your connection is a little slow.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:04 am
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

I come here because of all the women.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:21 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Dead? no. At least now and then we have people posting "MW forums is dead" thread . Some other forums don't even have people posting "xxx forums is dead" thread or lamenting about the dying forums.

Many other forums like Dungeon & Dragons, Fallout, Dungeon Siege, and General NWN forums didn't have any new post since 2-3 weeks ago. The most active game forums here is Gothic/2.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:29 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
Could be that the original game is nearly 2 years old and there are other things (better, for some) for RPGDotters to play now.

As for the site, I have no delays whatsoever. Page loads are practically instantaneous. Perhaps your connection is a little slow.

I don't get much lag either, and agree to an extent..the games old now.

However, over at the official forums there are tons of posters...most of the players have moved on to modding..or another game.

But if you want some people to talk to..hop over to the official forums.

Not trying ot detract from here as I loved it here too..but theres just not much left here (for MW forum that is) anymore..and soon the official forums will probably die as well.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:50 am
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

i dont understand the lag really, im on a 512kb/s cable connection and every page loads instantly except for this one.. first it gives me a white screen for about 5 seconds, then when browsing its also a little slow
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:44 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I, too, have lag problems. Especially from around 11:00 AM to about 5:00 PM. I figure it is due to decreased bandwidth here - all the web cruising that incraases as the day goes on.
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:07 pm
GhanBuriGhan
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

The problem for the Morrowind forums here may be that there is a very good and active official forum, and at least 10-20 other forums for the game. So even though I am still interested in Morrowind and read RPGdot regularly, I don't post here much.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:09 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

True, true; there is many, many independent MW forums around - some by individual, others by modder, some by gaming sites, and some more by mods hosting sites.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:49 am