exp
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

exp

is ther a skill or somthing thats desides how easy it is for your character to go up in lvl?

i have 2 characters my first was a male/orc "barbarian" and the second is a male/orc "custom". they have done maby around 5 missions each and the first one is on lvl 2 and 2/10, and the socond character is on lvl 1 and 3/10

Try this great game now!
http://www.warriors2.com/default.asp?referedby=163834
http://www.regno.se/default.asp?bonusfrom=3111
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:35 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Morrowind, like other Elder Scrolls games, operates a skills-based experience system. Unlike games based on D&D where you get experience for doing certain things like killing Goblins or collecting treasure, in Morrowind you only gain levels when you are significantly better at doing things, and you get better at doing things with practice.

Each time you *successfully* use a skill, you go some way towards improving that skill. Every major or minor (not misc) skill you improve gives you one point towards level. Once you've gained ten of these points, you go up a level!

So if you want to level up, use your major and minor skills a lot.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:32 pm
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

ok, then i understand... i should have taken athletics as minor...

i have an other question. its about enchanting... i have a weapon i want to enchant, a soulgem, and a lot of scrolls, on the gem it stands (skeleton warrior) is it already soultraped? i tryed to shoot the "soultraper spell" on a mudcrab and then i killed it but nothing happend. then i tryed to enchant it at an "enchanter" i cant choose the "effect".
(i can choose weapon and gem)

Try this great game now!
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:53 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Yes the gem is already filled. You probably couldn't soultrap the mudcrab because you didn't have an empty soulgem. If you have a soulgem called lesser soulgem or something simillar without any things like Skeleton Worrior under it, it means it's an empty one. You also might have used the spell from a distance and it might have been a touch one. Each spell is described by "On Touch" or "On Target". So it might be a range spell or a spell that works when you touch the target.

About enchanting. You need a soulgem, a weapon ( wich you already have ) and a spell. But not a scroll, you have to learn that spell. It doesn't matter can you use a certain spell, you jsut have to learn it. To learn spells you have to talk with NCP's. You may have already noticed that when you start a dialogue some NCP's don't have only Barter or Training, but also Spells and Spellmaking. Select "Spells" and you will be able to buy spells. Unlike scrolls spells that you learn use up your mana.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:45 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

For more information, this thread contains a lot of useful info about enchanting. If anything's not clear, post your question and we'll see what we can do.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:02 am
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

ok, now i know. just some more question...
is ther any different if i soultrap a mudcrab or... lets say a skeleton warrior?
and is ther any different betwen the "lesser soulgem" or an more expensive one?

@korzen. yes, i didn't have an empty soulgem.

Edit: is it worth enchanting weapons in the begining of the game?

Try this great game now!
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:20 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Not worth it at the beginning, no. You can't make money by selling items you make (they're not worth any more than the base item), and paying someone to enchant something for you will cost way too much for your budget.

Mudcrab souls aren't worth as many enchantment points as skeleton warrior's souls. With more enchantment points you can make more powerful effects, or be able to cast the same low powered effect more times etc. The top value souls enable you to create constant effects.

The low-quality soul gems can't hold very many enchantment points, so while a Petty Soul Gem can be used to trap a mudcrab, you can't trap a Skeleton Warrior in there - you'd need a higher quality gem. Grand Soul Gems can hold (almost) anything, but are hard to find - don't waste them on catching Slaughterfish etc.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:56 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Well if you enchant a weapon it will efect undead. No matter does it have any charges left or not. And if you don't have any enchantment on your weapon you have to have a silver weapon do deal damage to ghosts for example. On the other hand you won't get any good enchantments at the begining. You just won't have enough cash, it's quite an expensive thing.

Edit: Oh, CfmDobbie was first
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:58 pm
valko007
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

taxen0 the best soul gem is the garndsoul gem and the best creature is the goldensaint the soul gem fild with goldensaint cost 20000 gold thats a lot of gold
plus i has constant efect all my armmor is bound with grand soul gem and my sowrd
to do that you need either goldensaint spell that you can buy or a scroll
and soul trap spell that you can buy too or a scroll and last a grand soul gem .now cast the goldensaint spell or use the scroll for it then when the golden saint apears cast soultrap spel on it or use the scroll soultrap than all what you got left is get you weapon and kill the goldensaint yes kill it and you see on the bottom right corner of the sceen golden saint has been traped in the soulgem you have to have a grand soulgem to do that
now you can enchant your weapon or if yur enchant skills are low take it to any one whom ofer the enchantement for money but its allways succsesfull that way.but if you do it your self you may lose it and start all over good luck
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:05 am