What made you laugh?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
wk
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

What made you laugh?

I was being chased by an Orc in the dark mainly because it took me by surprise in the forest. Yes, I know I should have known better. Anyway, we both entered the campsite where Dragomir was sitting by the campfire. He jumps up and starts fighting the Orc, killing it almost immediately and says:

"I've got no time for this kind of bullshit!"

This game never fails to amaze me.
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:47 pm
Strogannov
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i don't know if it was funny or horrible looking at brutus run like a crazed freak around camp... i believe this was funny
but when he suddenly jumped off the wall and ended up like a little splatter down below it turned a bit horrible...
don't make jokes at the front line
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:32 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i laugh when the npc's pathfinder AI gets a glitch and the npc gets stuck trying to run off a ledge, although its not really a good thing, i want to thank the devs for not completely fine tuning that aspect of the game it has saved my ass many times
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:16 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehehe funny thing u get if u use the Scare spell or something go to valley of mines and enter the place where many orcs are and cast this spell they run like madmans u gotta see it
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:17 am
GothicDrak
Village Leader
Village Leader

what made me laught?

hero: come with me!
sheep: baaaaaah!

LOL i I couldn't help laughing dont know why

this was funny too:

guard: "... only if you know his name, otherwise i kill you!"
hero: "Diego"
guard: "rrrrright... no, just a joke. DIE!

hehe
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:21 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

There are a lot of them…and most of them could be deemed as spoilers so I will now ask Jaz or Gorath to move this to the spoilers thread so I can talk freely about all those special moments. Got to respect of people’s wishes…

Sylvio
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:02 pm
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

When I heard Lobart's sick wife say "WAASSSUPPPPP" when I walked into her room and she woke up.
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:25 pm
wk
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Ragnar
There are a lot of them…and most of them could be deemed as spoilers so I will now ask Jaz or Gorath to move this to the spoilers thread so I can talk freely about all those special moments. Got to respect of people’s wishes…

well, alright but I just thought it would show people how entertaining this game is. The translators had fun too I expect.
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hoyp tell me your joking...
cause if you arent then that just ruined the series for me, oh well tell to go and wait for the addon
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:48 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Now that its been moved to a safe area I can say a few…first was when I shot Sylvio with an arrow when he tried to kill me. He was running around saying ouch when I hit him then I got a critical hit and he yelled out ‘That one hurt”. Also at the end when our hero slays the last dragon, he walks up and kicks him in the head and shrugs his shoulders…I also liked the last cut scene when Gorn, Diego, and our hero bicker over the gold.

Sylvio
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:35 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Several moments come to mind.

1. The little "peek over the shoulder to see if anyone is listening" animation that guys do when they're telling you something secret.

2. Moe in the harbor district trying to rough 50 GP out of you.
When you don't wanna pay he says .. "Then I'll take everything you got. As soon your on the ground next to me.."

3. Talabin's description of the dragon hunters. "Guys wearing funny armor acting all important..."

4. I LOVE the start of chapter 4. When you first go down that hill into the valley and talk with all the Dragon Hunters the dialogue here is just great. I especially like how if you are a mercenary, one guy will tell you how he ended up as a prisoner in the minig colony. But any other char he tells you to blow off. I really like chapter 4 overall. There is this sense of teamwork and camraidere in it . The mine valley doesn't seem so bleak anymore with all the dragon hunters and your old buddies around.

5. Joining the secret "I beat up Valentino" society.

6. Joregen admiting that all he wants from the Monastery is their food. And later on Pyrokar confirming this by mentiong that he had eaten them our of house and home -- It's just little things like this that make the Gothic games special.

7. The mercenary "tramp" you meet by the river bank during your search for Pedro in Chapter 3. He starts to make fun of how novices are dressed and if you are actually a magician, you have a chance to defend your choice of profession.

8. When Vatras asks you for the swampweed at the Circle of the Sun, your tone of voice changes as if you are doing some kind of discreet drug deal.

9. Master Karras and his "do not mock me" comment.

10. Onar is so uptight its just funny to hear him bark at you

If you are mage, he tells you: "You sanctimonius bastards from the Monastery aren't welcome here."

If you get promoted to a Dragon Hunter and ask how things are at the farm Onar says facetiously ...

"Don't worry about us here. You just go hunt your dragons..."

Or when you try to explain Sekohb's reason for not paying..

"Bad harvest my ass. You beat the money outta him if you have to."
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:55 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

The two brothers you get to fight each other at Akil's farm. I did it at night when everyone was sitting down around the campfire eating.

After the one brother beats up the other one; all the family member hicks get up and kill the brother who won the fight! Then they just go back to eating thier food like nothing happen. Talk about cruel and unusual punishment!

Or how about that guy who pissed on my boots right by the wall as soon as I got into town? What a welcome....
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:31 pm
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Shmaugus
hoyp tell me your joking...
cause if you arent then that just ruined the series for me, oh well tell to go and wait for the addon

Unfortunately, I'm not joking.
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:51 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I also liked the guard drinking beer. The more you gave the more incoherent he became. PB should have let him go on drinking your beer until he hit the floor…

Sylvio
Post Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:53 am
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

for me the comments on the grave yards at the crypt where also funny

and the scare spell i used against dragons fly baby fly

and bulco when he goes pissing

the rat at the harbour when a paladin walks by on his guarding route she starts to get agressive but never attacks and that silly guard also does nothing

the answer of cassia when you ask her where they are hiding their gold

the answer of hannah after you gave her lehmars debt book an she gives you the reward and you ask her what it is about

when you say to thorben that you have got lehmars debt book he gets aggresive in his voice

after you have stolen lehmars debt book nice dialog

when you bring constantino the wanted herbs also nice

and so on and on and on......

such dialogs and many other things are what make gothic 1 and 2 so unique and even after you played the game many times you will discover something new very high replay factor

"In darkness we are born, in darkness we will die."

"Piranhas are watching you. Piranhas are crunching your boots. Well, swim home to mommy!"
Post Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:50 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next