Members
Usergroups
Sacred 2 E3 Trailer@Gamershell
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Garrett

Sacred 2 E3 Trailer@Gamershell

The 26MB sized E3 Trailer of Ascaron's Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel is available at <a href="http://www.gamershell.com/news/30247.html" target="_blank">Gamers Hell</a>.
Post Sun May 14, 2006 7:44 pm

Actually it doesnt look that bad but the thing im worried about is the story and the quests of the game and the bugs/constant crashes like in the first game.

If you look closely im pretty sure that was a werewolf so looks like we got a werewolf character maybe changes into a werewolf at night like the vampiress. I hope their is a male vampire in this game.
Post Sun May 14, 2006 7:46 pm

There is also a cinematic trailer at

http://www.virgin-lands.de/main_en.html

Click on the blond in middle of the page to see it.

Post Mon May 15, 2006 12:55 am

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Actually it doesnt look that bad but the thing im worried about is the story and the quests of the game and the bugs/constant crashes like in the first game.
I'd have to agree, the bugs were the main killer of my enjoyment of the first game. Hopefully Sacred 2 will go through more testing, or I will wait a couple months or even a year after it's released before trying the game.

The new characters look very interesting (did I see a goblin and a zombie in there as well?), and the mounts look like they might be fun.
Post Mon May 15, 2006 5:10 am

I didn't have any crashes, and I played the retail version of the first one for nearly two months until being forced to update in order to play online.

Now, I DID see a lot of glitches (Enemies duplicating when I hit them, skills not working properly and the like) but nothing truly game breaking.

By the time Underworld came out, the game was beyond rock solid. It was the best rogue-clone since Diablo 1.
Post Mon May 15, 2006 7:21 am

xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

I had a game-stopping bug, but was able to work thru it, as I was able to work with most probs in the game, and yes there were a few I encountered in my 2 runs thru. I was also able to enable the major blood, that was nice, and I think the game overall had some good visuals that helped keep me interested and making gifs of it after I was done actually playing.

I never get too excited about cutscenes, but that game footage was pretty nice. The mounts are a good idea instead of the horse, and yes I think I saw a werewolf in there! I dont see why not, there was vampire action in the last one, and it worked well IMHO. Hopefully the Seraphim will be able to keep the nice chain mail bikini thing goin on thruout the game, had to cover her up with lame armor and such when I used her before.
Dont advertise the goods if we only get to check em out during char creation

“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Tue May 16, 2006 3:30 am
doctor_kaz
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
quote:
I'd have to agree, the bugs were the main killer of my enjoyment of the first game. Hopefully Sacred 2 will go through more testing, or I will wait a couple months or even a year after it's released before trying the game.

The new characters look very interesting (did I see a goblin and a zombie in there as well?), and the mounts look like they might be fun.

Supposedly, Ascaron has beefed up their QA personnel tremendously. I read that or heard that in coverage from this year's E3.
Post Tue May 16, 2006 1:02 pm

The game would always crash when i was riding horses i guess i was moving so fast the game couldnt handle it or something

I didnt play the addon because it was pure click click click i didnt like it so deleted it really fast.

The game does have some nice playable characters like how they mix it sick of the usual humans,elves etc type crap like more demonic and dark characters like demons vampires and werewolves cool stuff like that.
Post Tue May 16, 2006 3:57 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by doctor_kaz
Supposedly, Ascaron has beefed up their QA personnel tremendously. I read that or heard that in coverage from this year's E3.

They founded their own QA company in Potsdam near Berlin.

Darkstar One is released in Germany in these days. It should be a good indicator of their new QA approach. We´ll see how many patches it needs.
Post Tue May 16, 2006 5:27 pm