Need help with Thieves Guild please
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Bovine
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Need help with Thieves Guild please

Believe it or not, I used the search and still cannot get access to the thieves guild. When I got the purse mission I told the thief to give me gold I think to shut him up, either way I did *not* turn him in. I then put this chick in jail if that makes a diff, also I found the fish with the note in it. I confronted the fish guy and went along with it. I beat up the guy at the pirates tavern and did the quest sucessfully for the guy in there and got my pay. I have exhausted all chat options with the bartender and haev not been told about the guy behind the fish shop, can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:05 am
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

You need to post this in the correct forum - the spoiler forum.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:34 am
Bovine
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Damn, sorry..this was my first post. Can I delete it now somehow? if a mod sees this move it please hopefully the title will explain it's a spoiler easily enough.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:45 am
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

I think this happens about 4359838953 times a day. They're usually quick to move it.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:58 am
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

hmm you should have failed Nalbur's delivery quest and reported him to Lord Andre. And you shouldn't put Rengard in bars.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:16 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Wrong.

Nalbur IS a member of thieves guild, so putting him behind the bars will do just the opposite - you will never see the thieves guild.

Basically (spoilers from now on), you need to talk to Hakan the weapon merchant (or what the heck his name is) on marketplace. Bearded weapon merchant, that is, they all sell weapons there (amost all, heh). Get from him all the information you can about his kidnapping, also check with Pablo the guard.

Secondly, talk to Jova the merchant there too, and get from him the quest, to return to him the stolen cash. Now, go chat with Rengaru. He will hit the road, just run after him. When you meet with him again, ask who the heck he is and require Jova's cash back, then threat to put him behind the bars. He will ask you not to do so, so just tell him to get lost. Do NOT report him at any time to Andre. You have to let him go. Return the cash to Jova and just say that the thief got away.

Then go beat up the bandits, who kidnapped and held Hakan hostage. Smack them up and get the weird fish, and open it. Keep the letter, and go get a reward from Hakan.

Now go to harbor area and enter the pub, ask from the Kardif there about jobs, and about "special" jobs. He asks you to check with Nagur. Do so and accept his quest (ask 50/50 from him, after all, you're partners in that job). Do the quest as asked to, but return the package to Nagur. Go sleep somewhere and next day cash in the money.

Then go to Halvor the fish merchant in harbor and ask him about the letter. Talk what you want, but do NOT turn him in to Andre. Basically tell him that OK, you're leaving him alone and are in business now with him.

After that, just go back to Kardif in harbor tavern and talk with him, this will lead to the encounter with the person, who finally allows you to enter the thieves guild.

There are the spoilers for ya.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:32 am
Saruman1964
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: Need help with Thieves Guild please

quote:
Originally posted by Bovine
Believe it or not, I used the search and still cannot get access to the thieves guild. When I got the purse mission I told the thief to give me gold I think to shut him up, either way I did *not* turn him in. I then put this chick in jail if that makes a diff, also I found the fish with the note in it. I confronted the fish guy and went along with it. I beat up the guy at the pirates tavern and did the quest sucessfully for the guy in there and got my pay. I have exhausted all chat options with the bartender and haev not been told about the guy behind the fish shop, can anyone shed some light on this for me?

1)Talk with the merchant (Jora?) at the marker. He will tell you Rengaru has stolen some money
2) Chase Rengaru, force him to give the money back and tell him you will report everything to the guards - he will tell you "You will pay for that"
3) Report to Lord Andre
4) Sooner or later you will meet Attile - he has the key -

Good Luck,

Saruman
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:35 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Nah, don't do as Saruman said either. You know that Saruman is tricky, see the movies and read the books!

Anyway, the way I told you to do will put you in GOOD stance with thieves guild. Other 2 suggestions will put you so far in bad stance. You want to be in good stance to train them skills and do some jobs for extra loot and XP. Once that's done, you can then always turn them in
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:44 am
Saruman1964
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor
Nah, don't do as Saruman said either. You know that Saruman is tricky, see the movies and read the books!

Anyway, the way I told you to do will put you in GOOD stance with thieves guild. Other 2 suggestions will put you so far in bad stance. You want to be in good stance to train them skills and do some jobs for extra loot and XP. Once that's done, you can then always turn them in

Hey man, how dare you say I am tricky ?

BTW, I am exactly doing what you suggested with the Thieves Guilds. I only had to kill Jesper to get his key... Sooner or later I will report everything to Lord Andre - right now I am busy looking for the Blood Chalices.

Cheers,

Saruman
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:12 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I am past this now (the right moment, that is), but I was wondering if one can get that key witout really killing Jesper, that is. I.e. when you do the Oblivion scroll quest - smack Jesper, nab the key, use Oblivion on him..

Of course, there's always a chance that the thieves guild may get angry on you anyway, after you plunder their stash, but maybe not. However, I let the 'right' moment pass at first, no idea if I can use that trick again. Will try later...
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:36 am
klawz
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor

Even if you report Rengaru to Lord Andre you will still get the quests from Cassia, the thieves' boss. She and Ramirez will be willing to train you, too. I had no problem with them, even if I killed Attila. It seems that they didnt love him very much. So it can be done both ways.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:38 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Yeah, although I'd think that this is a bug. In reality, should you put any of their members behind the bars or even kill, they should stop any business with you. My way simply doesn't leave any chances for such occurences, and later you can anyway eliminate them or put behind the bars
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:42 am
klawz
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

well I dont think it was a bug, cos they asked me where did you get the key, and I said from Attila, he didnt make it or something like that, and then they said, nevermind him he a was an idiot anyway, now would you like to join us. pretty complicated for a bug.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:17 pm
Bovine
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the responses guys, but I still don't understand what I've done wrong, it seems I've done everything mentioned correctly.

1) I did not turn rengaru in for Joras purse
2) I beat up the bandits, got the fish note, confronted fish merchant, did not turn him in.
3)Got quest in tavern, completed and collected on dough later.
4)Exhausted all chat options with Kardif

maybe I'm blind, but what am I missing here that I haven't been threatened or approached for thieves guild?
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:58 pm
jediphx
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

where are the bandits that kidnapped Hakan?
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:03 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next