Voice Actors in Gothic 2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
The Griffin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Voice Actors in Gothic 2

I don't think this is spoilerish, which is why I'm posting it here.

One of the things I *loved* about the original Gothic were the voice actors -- there were only a few of them, but the rough northern (i.e., Brooklyn, etc.) accents were so much more appropriate for penal colony convicts than your standard quasi-english fare. I always thought it added a lot to the atmosphere.

A lot of the original voice actors are back for the sequel -- but I noticed the voice of Diego had changed! Which is weird, because I could swear I've heard that voice actor doing other voices in Gothic 2. Did they switch *all* the voices around? I'm going to have to play Gothic again and get to the New Camp just to hear the voice of Lee in order to find out.
Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:37 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Some of the English language voice actors weren't available for Gothic II, including the voice of 'Diego' and 'Me'.
Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:57 pm
The Griffin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Me? You mean the hero? It sounds like the same guy... a shame about Diego though. He just doesn't quite seem the same with a southern accent.
Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:08 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by The Griffin
Me? You mean the hero? It sounds like the same guy...

He isn't, though he reportedly sounds the same .
Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:16 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I noticed at the beginning of the game his voice sounds deeper than in Gothic. But after awhile I got used to it and could hardly tell the difference. I was pretty disappointed by the Diego voice change. The voice of Diego in Gothic grew on me to where I was attached to the character. That voice actor was also the voice of Lares in Gothic. However, I think the voice actor that does Lares's voice in Gothic 2 should also do Diego's voice in Gothic 2, not that Southern guy. He'd go well for some other characters maybe, but not Diego.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:30 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i agree Gothic 1 had very good voice actors the voices just suited to the game also i liked the background music in G1 veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery much! G2 background music was good also and the expansion onez were also veeeery nice
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:44 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I agree they had some nice voice actors. I think my favorite is (Cor)Angar and Lee (I'm pretty sure they are the same guy). I also think that Diego's new voice was bad. It made him sound so whiney and annoying.

Also, I think that Me had an accent that sounded slightly european. Although, I could be completely wrong.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:50 pm
The Griffin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Diego's voice in the original Gothic seemed so *perfect* for the character -- the wise semi-fatherly type who greeted all the knew arrivals and told them what was what.

In Gothic 2, the voice has so far ranged from annoying in Chapter 2 to Tolerable in Chapter 3. In Chapter 3 it seemed like the guy who was doing the voice had actually heard Diego in the original Gothic and was trying to copy some of his vocal mannerisms, so even though the voice was *different* there was enough similiarity to suspend disbelief. I haven't got beyond Chapter 3 so I don't know if it gets better, worse, or pretty much the same from then on.

One of the voice actors sounds like Vin Diesel.
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:58 pm
Razer
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I didn't mind the voice changes of the hero or Diego.In fact I think that the actor doing Diego's voice did a very good job.Until the 6th chapter i really thought that Diego was just using me (like a tool , not like a friend from the colony)
When he says:"Just do it.That's enough for me" sound more like"Fetch little doggy"
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:47 pm
The Griffin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I don't think the voice actor was doing a bad job, I just didn't think the voice was Diego.
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:00 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Cord the mercenary who keeps an eye to the path which leads to the "not so free mine"(dont confuse him with Gorn who keeps an eye to the gate of the free mine) has ecxactly the same voice with Xardas.I mean the actor dont even try to change his voice a little?!or they thinked that we couldnt spot it during the game?Well this thread should be at *gothic general* but just mention it cause ther isnt any thread regarding "voice acters" there.
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:18 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Most of the actors almost never even tried to disguise their voice between characters. Except for the one who did Diego/Lares. He's the only one I think, almost didn't recognize it.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:55 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

That's because while the same actor did Diego and Lares in Gothic, separate actors did Diego and Lares in Gothic 2.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:48 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Well, yeah, but went back to play gothic 1 a bit after someone said Lares and Diego were same voice just to see. Just a saanity check.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:40 am
Donut of Doom
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

In Gothic 2, the same actor doing 4 or 5 voices was really disconcerting - I counted Xardas doing at least 4 other voices, plus some "random small talk." He did a really bad "pirate" accent with Jack, the guy who hangs around the harbor in Khorinis. I kept waiting for him to say, "Arrr, me mateys, it's time to be inducted into the 6th circle of magic!"
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:53 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next