Usergroups
Win XP and Might and Magic 7
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I downloaded that Compatibility Administrator (23 MB) and installed it and, yes, Might and Magic Vii is on the large list of older programs that this thing supposedly can run on XP.

I'm trying to get a game called Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine to run, and it's also on the list. But what does that mean? How do I apply the settings to my game so I can get it to run. Every time I try to 'Create a new application fix' I end up in a wizard that basically asks me to set the parameters myself.

pauk, do you have a link to any tutorials on how to actually use this tool, or how to implement the settings in the database of games to get these games to run?

Looks like a useful tool, but it certainly isn't very user friendly.
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:22 am
Stan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

MM7.icd??

[quote="Sir Markus"]I downloaded that Compatibility Administrator (23 MB) and installed it and, yes, Might and Magic Vii is on the large list of older programs that this thing supposedly can run on XP.

Please tell me, how to use Compatibility Administrator, i find Might and Magic VII in the list ,but i dont know, how to run program, because i cant find mm7.icd, where is it? please tell me how to use
this utility...
Thanks
Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:08 am
ScOut3R
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Hi there!

I have another strange problem with MM7. I'm trying to run the game, at first it didn't respond, so i turned off the hardware acceleration for the video and audio. It ran fine, but after the 3rd start it didn't. It said, that MM7 needs 30 MByte of virtual memory, but my disk has 0. It is a bit strange... Compatibility administrator doesn't work for me:(
Does anyone know a solution? I want to play with this game:D
Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:23 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Hmm two techie questions I am not sure I can handle. I know I had no problems getting it to run using the method described above.

I've never dealt with the Windows XP ACT, I can't help there, but I can suggest that you check the available drive space. MM VII was not a system hog, so it must be the Win XP ACT demanding the additional space.

Let us know if you figure it out.
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:07 pm
ScOut3R
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Well, Lintra, i had quite enough free space, so that couldn't be the problem. I searched the registry for some wrong codes, etc, but i didn't find anything. My os was "old" and very unstable, so i decided to reinstall it. After that MM7 ran fine without 3d sound and graphics acceleration. When i turn these settings on it just don't run:(. Anyway, it's quite an old game, so the graphics acceleration don't do much:) and without it the program works:D
I didn't try the ACT on the new OS. I don't want to screw up the current settings:)
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:28 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Thanks for the update ScOut3R. I am glad you got it fixed, and it is nice to have a record here for others to reference in the future.

Enjoy the game, it is one of my all time favorites (if you know dte, it is one of his fav's as well).
Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:31 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2