Babylon 5 Legend of the Rangers, To Live and Die in Starligh
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Babylon 5 Legend of the Rangers, To Live and Die in Starligh

Well I was excited when they said they are making a pilot movie for a new babylon 5 series....
however there were some issues after I saw it, first off how can it be that about 7-8 years after the original series ended, they manage to get the jumpgate sequence all wrong???, I know the technology to make it look nice is there , after all they used it in the original series..., instead I got something that looks out of sliders the late years(which sucked).
also there was the whole changing of rangers, they made them into a fanatical followers of the alliance, I would even call them luntic frinage , apparently from being a highly dedicated force , they went to no retreat no surrender, they can't even break away for pete's sake, I mean what kind of stupid ass military organistion doesn't try to preserve the life of trained men and women, it's doesn't make sense, it's pure fanatism, and the intersteller alliance should be better then that....
then they took ghakar and just destroyed his old charcter back on the original B5 that of the warrior philospher into frankly an idiot, maybe it's my own outlook that's flawed here being a babylon 5 fan, I want it all to fit, but frankly that movie isn't cut from the same cloth.

The one thing I did like was that the ships weapons were controlled by the operator as an extension of her own body, of course it also looked funny as hell

any comments are welcomed
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:38 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I don't think I've seen that one. Guess I'll add it to the list for movie night, just for a laugh.
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:18 pm