Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Basic quest and non-quest related questions...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Basic quest and non-quest related questions...

I am at the end of chapter 1. I tried to complete all my current quests before moving on to chapter 2. There are a few I am stuck on though...

- In the upper part of the city you meet a merchant named Luberto, he asks you to go get him a rare or strange 'snapper' claw. Where is the snapper? I think I've killed every single creature on the entire map available in chapter 1. Where is the mob I get the claw from, and what is the claw called?

- Near one of the farms just down the path from the tavern where I had the drinking contest is the mercenary camp/village. I met Lee and some other familiar faces there. Cipher tells me he thinks someone stole his weed. I already told Cipher that it was raad or whatever his name is and Cipher went after him and beat him up. I thought that completed the quest but it still shows as an uncompleted one. Do I need to return the package of weed to Cipher in order to finnish the quest? I handed the only package of weed I can think of to the captain of the militia after returning from his assignment to find the package of weed in the harbor district. Was that the package of weed that belongs to Cipher? If it was, how can I complete the quest now that I already handed it to the captain? Can I get it back? If there isn't a way to get it back, shouldn't the weed quest be under the 'failed quests' category? Please give clear instructions...

- I've already done all the tasks in chapter 1 the captain of the militia has given me. I am a part of the militia and am the blacksmith's apprentice. Under the list of current quests, is the instruction on how do become a novie of magic and be permitted to enter the monastery. Since I am already a member of the militia, shouldn't the monastery quest be listed under 'failed quests'? Or is there something I can still do to complete the quest? I can't join it since I'm already a member of the militia can I??

- Near the Mercenary camp/village, I followed a path leading up a small mountain to what appears to be the bandits hideout or camp. They have a tower and a couple buildings. behind it is an old mine shaft with skeletons in it which I am unable to kill yet. While I was looking around in the bandits camp, I wondered into Dexter's house and he attacked me. I had no choice but to kill him and the bandits that soon followed his lead. Was I supposed to kill all the bandits or was I not supposed to go there yet? I killed every single bandit at that camp. Only one of them had a name, and it was Dexter. As a member of the militia, this won't interfere with my game or prevent me from being able to do any potential quests in the future will it? Be specific please...

- I've been selling all the stuff that I think has any potential for importance to a specific merchant (the carpenter one). I sell all the stuff I might need to get back later on to him, so that I know where to go if I need to find something I sold. Is this a good idea? All the stuff I sold to him will never go away, right? When I enter a new chapter, the inventory I sold him will still be on him, yes? I get rid of a lot of stuff I might need later on. I hope that stuff with always be on him and available for repurchase. Let me know please...

- In order to make the permanent potions, where do you learn it? Is it possible to learn in chapter 1? Or is it an NPC that doesn't exist until later in a different chapter? I've got all the ingrediants. I think I just need to train the ability or whatever. I already spent like 15-25 learning points on different potions (speed, healing health, healing mana...) If I can learn it now, in chapter 1, who from? Saggitta?

Thanks! No time to edit... night!
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:22 am
Yossi
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

1. It's in a chapter 2 area.

2. That was the package. I don't know if there is another way to solve this.

3. You can't join.

4. You should have had a conversation with Dexter, finding out some major plot details (he is the "D" person handing out wanted leaflets for you...)
At the end of the conversation he tells you that if he ever sees you again he'll have to kill you. I just left at that point, not fighting anybody. I am guessing you will not miss anything major, but I don't know.[/quote]
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:36 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Don't worry about Dexter. Killing him without a quest is possible and won't be detrimental to your game.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:46 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Basic quest and non-quest related questions...

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity
I am at the end of chapter 1. I tried to complete all my current quests before moving on to chapter 2. There are a few I am stuck on though...

I'm glad that you've installed G2. Smooth as silk? Great.

quote:
- In the upper part of the city you meet a merchant named Luberto, he asks you to go get him a rare or strange 'snapper' claw. Where is the snapper? I think I've killed every single creature on the entire map available in chapter 1. Where is the mob I get the claw from, and what is the claw called?

It's from a special snapper called "Pack Leader", and the claw is called "Leader of the Pack's Claws". This snapper can be found in the "central" region of the Valley of Mines. Don't worry about it until you're solving the quests in Chapter 2. Ask again if you need help.

quote:
- Near one of the farms just down the path from the tavern where I had the drinking contest is the mercenary camp/village. I met Lee and some other familiar faces there.

That's Onar's farm, the headquarters for mercenaries and dragon hunters.

quote:
Cipher tells me he thinks someone stole his weed. I already told Cipher that it was raad or whatever his name is and Cipher went after him and beat him up.

Bad choice. Now you have lost a vote for becoming a mercenary. Dar will vote against you for becoming a merc.

quote:
I thought that completed the quest but it still shows as an uncompleted one. Do I need to return the package of weed to Cipher in order to finnish the quest? I handed the only package of weed I can think of to the captain of the militia after returning from his assignment to find the package of weed in the harbor district. Was that the package of weed that belongs to Cipher? If it was, how can I complete the quest now that I already handed it to the captain? Can I get it back? If there isn't a way to get it back, shouldn't the weed quest be under the 'failed quests' category? Please give clear instructions...

Perhaps you may want to rob Lord Andre. I don't think he has it though.

quote:
- I've already done all the tasks in chapter 1 the captain of the militia has given me. [...] is the instruction on how do become a novie of magic and be permitted to enter the monastery. [...] Or is there something I can still do to complete the quest? I can't join it since I'm already a member of the militia can I??

The path of magic is closed for you. This is essentially a "failed quest". However, once you proceed to Chapter 2, this quest will be cleared.

quote:
Was I supposed to kill all the bandits or was I not supposed to go there yet?

Hmm... Remember the very first bandit you've met around Xardas' Tower? He gave you hints about Dexter if you chose the right conversation options. If you killed him, don't worry, just kill the entire camp.

quote:
I killed every single bandit at that camp. Only one of them had a name, and it was Dexter. As a member of the militia, this won't interfere with my game or prevent me from being able to do any potential quests in the future will it? Be specific please...

No. It has no effect whatsoever to the game. Don't forget, though, to go around the camp and loot some stuff. e.g. You may find some ore nuggets in the old mine.

quote:
Is this a good idea? All the stuff I sold to him will never go away, right?

It's SORT OF a good idea if you know what you're selling. Some stuff will go away once you have another conversation with him. e.g. Gold Ring, Golden Chalice, etc. I remember the Blood Chalice will also go away as well, but it's a quest-related item. So, don't sell any Blood Chalice.

quote:
When I enter a new chapter, the inventory I sold him will still be on him, yes?

New chapters won't clear out merchant's inventory. In fact, new items will be added once a new chapter starts.

quote:
I get rid of a lot of stuff I might need later on. I hope that stuff with always be on him and available for repurchase. Let me know please...

It is safe to get rid of stuff like common weapons, animal trophies, etc. Only some stuff can be repurchased (can't be specific here -- I'll need to make a list if I want to be more specific. Sorry).

quote:
- In order to make the permanent potions, where do you learn it?

Sagitta (cave behind Sekob's farm), Constantino (a master in the city). If you're a mage, Neroas (basement of monastery). Refer to the teachers thread if you want more info.

quote:
Is it possible to learn in chapter 1? Or is it an NPC that doesn't exist until later in a different chapter?

Yes. You can learn it whenever you want. BTW, all of the NPC's I've mentioned already exists in Chapter 1. Don't need to worry about that.

quote:
If I can learn it now, in chapter 1, who from? Saggitta?

As I said, Sagitta, Constantino, and Neroas.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:31 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

quote:
Bad choice. Now you have lost a vote for becoming a mercenary. Dar will vote against you for becoming a merc.

I lost a vote? I joined the militia. Do I need to worry about votes to becoming a mercenary? It's too late for me to join the mercenary's anyway, isn't it? I'd rather be in the militia than be a mercenary, at least at this point in the storyline. I'm morally in favor of the king. Although, I do dislike some of his taxation methods... (Try to respond to this question without giving away too much information.)

Thanks!
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:51 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
quote:

I lost a vote? I joined the militia.

lol.. Didn't know you joined the militia until the paragraph after.

Anyway, don't do this again if you're making a savegame before-joining-any-guild. It'll have a negative impact if you try to join the merc.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:06 pm