Super Potion
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
termo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Super Potion

I have just entered chapter 6 and i have heard romous that you can make potions from dragon eggs, that give you 15 strenght.

Can i make this even when i know nothing about alchemy, and how do i learn it?
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:13 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Strength potions can be made for you at the monastary; including the dragon egg potion.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:56 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

One of the mages in the monastery is working in one of the underground rooms at an alchemist's bench. He will brew you the potion that requires dragon eggs. He will also brew you regular potions if you want.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity

Last edited by SirDeity on Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:02 am
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

he means the embarla firgasto

there is at the halls of irdorath after the bridge the entrance to the temple there should be a room with a diary read it and you learned how to brew the potion

you need for one potion

10 dragon eggs, 1 black pearl, 1 sulfur and 1 empty flask

"In darkness we are born, in darkness we will die."

"Piranhas are watching you. Piranhas are crunching your boots. Well, swim home to mommy!"
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:34 am
Sargon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I have a little question: as I read here, Neoras can brew me str potions. But everytime, I come to him and ask him to brew me some potions, he offers me only life/mana extract and the speed potion.
Should I complete some quest for him and then he will make another potions for me? I'm paladin (5th chapter), I 've brought him dragon egg, he wanted, but I always can get only life/mana/speed potions from him.
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:50 am
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

He will not make any permament potions. You have to learn alchemy and make them yourself. He will make one special permament potion though requiring a dragon egg.

Kay
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:12 am
Sargon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by kugraw
He will not make any permament potions. You have to learn alchemy and make them yourself. He will make one special permament potion though requiring a dragon egg.

Kay

Thank you Kay.
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:32 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

one thing is really strange u see if he just requiered 1 Dragon egg and he did a 15 + strenght potion then why do we need 10 dragon eggs later to make to ourself a 15+ strenght potion . a little bit unrealistic dont u think the eggs are very big also for a little potion
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:17 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

It takes us that many eggs to make the potion because we are so messy! It takes us 10 tries to get it right!
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:40 pm
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

the potion from neoras gives you only +5 strength

and the embarla firgasto which you brew yourself gives you +15 strength

there are about 11 or more dragon eggs on irdorath and more than the double in khorinis ao whats the problem

"In darkness we are born, in darkness we will die."

"Piranhas are watching you. Piranhas are crunching your boots. Well, swim home to mommy!"
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:10 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

When all of you did the Embarla Firgasto potion, which was your stronger attrib. Str or Dex?

Sylvio
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:24 pm
Z-lot
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help me please!

I have a problem with Embarla Firgasto - I hope anyone could help me with it.

Well, I got the recipe, 11 dragon eggs, a black pearl and some sulfur - but i just can't find any lab flasks! I used all of them before for making other potions.
Right now I've crossed the bridge on the way temple of Irdorath (before the sacred Halls) and I'm wondering if I will find any lab flasks (one would do) on my way trough?

I'll let a warg eat me if I lose a chance to get a +15 strenght just because of a small lab flask
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:23 am
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

If you got Milton or one of the other mages in your crew you could buy a flask from them. I think there also is a flask at the alchemy table at the ship.

Kay
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:43 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Another way to get a lab flask is to have Neoras make as many potions for you as possible, beat him up, take his inventory, then use an Oblivion scroll on him. Every time I've tried it, he's had at least two lab flasks on him. As an added bonus, you can get a whole LOT of potions this way (depending on how many ingrediants you have in inventory).
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:28 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Go check in the gargo hold of the ship, there are couple of lab flasks lying behind cannons and crates.

The dragon egg potion in the monastery you can get only as a paladin and mage. Neoras doesn't even bring up the potion subject with a mercenary. He needs one egg and it will take about 2-3 in-game days for him to cook the potion up. Potion adds only +5 STR. Note that there are only 2 dragon eggs as a paladin/mage in the game (at least I found) - one near Ice dragon and one is in the cave in Khorinis later. No more dragon eggs before you reach Irdorath. As a mercenary you get more eggs from all these caves in Khorinis, however you have no option to get the potion, and there's no point to save these eggs either - Bennet gives good cash and XP for it. Although, if you're good on XP and cash, you can save them, get more black pearls and sulfur and later cook up few Embarla Firgasto's instead of one.

Every guild member can make Embarla Firgasto (+15 to STR) on Dragon Island. You don't even need to know alchemy really, you will find the receipe on the island, in Key Master apprentice room, and by reading it will learn how to make it. Recipe tells about 11 eggs, however it uses only 10 in reality (for me always anyway). You can later ask Milten and Benner about that lone dragon egg, they wont do anything with it, but at least you get +300 XP from each of them.
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:42 am