Holy Buggy game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

Holy Buggy game

From reading their boards it seems like some people can play through fine even with below minimum system specs. I have way beyond and this game crashes more than any game I've played in my life. It is a really fun and addicting game but is way too crashy to get much fun out of it for me.

I have to play with every option set at the lowest levels and I still crash all the time. I've updated every driver I possibly could also.

My system

p4 1.8 w/400 fsb
512 pc800 rdram
gf 4200 ti 128ram
sb audigy

Patch. No patch. Doesn't matter. Crash Crash Crash.

I didn't have much problems with TOEE, and I really liked that game. It took some hard hits for being buggy and then got patched. I really wish this game was buggy for everyone so it would get worse reviews and then a nice patch. Their tech forum is pretty busy, but there isn't any word of a patch yet.
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:19 pm
pauk
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: Holy Buggy game

I'm playing with GF3(non-Ti), 1024x768, 8xAF, max details, and haven't noticed crashes yet.
Support faq mentions that with Ti4200 cards you should use older detonators (nVIDIA DetonatorFX 45.23 (4.14.0010.4523) driver) to avoid slowdowns and crashes.
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:45 pm
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I've played KoTOR for 32 hours and with every featur turned on without a single crash. This is the most stable game I've played in many years. ToEE was terrible as far as crashes go.
P4 1.8, 1gig ram, Ati radeon 9700 pro, Win XP pro.

Just my 0.02 credits.

Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:16 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I played it for over 60 hours with one CTD in all that time. Seems pretty stable to me. I didn't have any probs and I'm not much more than min stats. ie.1.4 AMD and G4 video with 720 RAM. Fairly basic these days.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:52 am
cristanu
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I played the game without having a single crash since i first meet the Council of the Jedi, since then allmost every time i change the place the game crash. I save before, game crash, i restart the game, i load, i pass thru. My system: AMD 2500+, Radeon 9200, 512 Mb.
Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:11 pm
amos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I played through the game with only one or random two crashes. I did have one that was repeatable. I was entering an elevator and when I pushed the button, crash. I rebooted, started over and bam, it happened again. The third time I had one of my party push the button, instead of my main PC, and it worked fine. I'm not sure what that was about.

I then went and bought NWN, put it in my machine and got a lockup every 10 minutes it seemed. I fixed that by, per a recommendation on the Bioware forums, turning down my AGP from 8x to 4x. It hasn't crashed since.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:41 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Re: Holy Buggy game

quote:
Originally posted by pauk
Support faq mentions that with Ti4200 cards you should use older detonators (nVIDIA DetonatorFX 45.23 (4.14.0010.4523) driver) to avoid slowdowns and crashes.

Can you give a link to this? I have looked on the Bioware site and can't find the support FAQ that says this. I'm really thinking of getting the game and I, too, have a Ti4200 128MB card!
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:06 pm