Add-on ideas that will probably never happen:Þ
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
FN
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Add-on ideas that will probably never happen:Þ

Well, here were the two ideas I had today while playing.

#1. Morrowind: Arena

In this add-on, there would have to be some implementation of a rudimentary network/online environment. Here's what I picture:

You and another opponent who joins this server step into an arena. Looking around, you feel as if you're in the Coliseum in Rome (everyone saw Gladiator, right?). What Arena would do is give you your chance to take your single player character and pit him up against another "real-life" player in a one-on-one, hand-to-hand combat situation. All those Khajitt can be jumping around Orcs trying to swing big axes at 'em, Mages can be dueling it out with one another, or Nords can just beat the hell out of eachother. Optionally, depending on how pliable the Morrowind game engine is, these servers could take on a load of 5-10 other players who are simply there to watch. I could see myself in some sort of lobby walkin around with my guy and stepping into a room with a fight name at the door, hitting a Loading screen, and bam, there I am with a pair of old-school medieval binoculars in a random seat in one of many coliseums attached to this lobby. Or maybe step in line to fight some random person. I don't know how serious anyone would take this, cause we all know from Diablo II that cheating is an issue that will never go away, that is an entirely subject in itself. I just thought that conceptually, this might be a fun idea some day. I mean, we have all these bad ass characters that can only kill NPCs... what a waste, hehe.

#2. Sniping

Yeah, anyone who qualifies for certain Assassin traits or is the Assassin Guild should be able to snipe. And maybe you can and I haven't played far enough yet, but I can't tell you how many times I've been on rooftops with throwing knifes and wished I could just take out a few people with headshots, heh.

Anyway, those were my two ideas today.

Comment, Add-on, Flame away. Thanks for readin
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 6:53 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

No flaming!

I would like to see a mod that adds a golden cane to the game (wait I already did that) ... so anyways, when you take the cane out, the music from "Shaft" starts to play. Upon every "kill" , Shaft says "Damn Straight!" That mod would be quite entertaining for about twenty minutes.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:22 pm
Lawnmower
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Shaft and/or Mace Windu

I like sauron's idea about shaft. speaking of shaft, who's seen SWII? Well, probably everyone. My friend saw it on opening night and talked about it for hours the next day. only he didn't know the name oif Samuel L. Jackson's character, so every time he mentioned that guy he refererred to him as "shaft"...

Good times.

Don't do drugs. Pick one and stick with it.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:06 am
Dethecus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I want to see a mod, where you get to use those old fashioned pistols with the funny knifes sticking out of them. A alchemy mod to make gunpowder would go nice with the afore mentioned gun mod too.
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:15 am
Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

1) Full on lightsaber. I know people have tried to make this work, but from what I have seen I am disappointed. I want to see it at a realistic level with enemie's arms flying off, etc.

2) Soldier of Fortune mod-All the weapons from the game with the graphic violence(Am I starting a common thread here? ).

3) Matrix mod. Being able to slow things down for the rest of the world and being able to give twenty rabbit punches to a monster's ribs in five seconds would be so cool.

4) Kung fu mod. You get to do training and then you get to unleash your martial arts power upon the masses.

5) Army mod. As a character gains levels they do not fight tougher monsters just more of them until the point that they have to wade through an army to be able to gain levels.

6) TV show mod. Characters from our favorite TV shows appear in the game. Anyone up to facing Xena?
Post Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:13 am
StarkeRealm
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Personally I'd like to see some total conversions, adaptations of two of Tim Cain's games: Fallout and Arcanum (I'd just really like to see them in 3d) some random modern setting (there's always WoD) and maybe some Sci-fi setting (Star Trek, Babylon 5 or something)
I'd be working on a Fallout mod if I could only find some firearms models.
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:23 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Here's one:

Here's one for you:

Super Cow

This mod adds a new race, "Super Cow".

Racial bonuses include a permanent 50 point Levitate, as Super Cow can fly. The horns on Super Cow's head gives him +20 Hand-to-Hand, negated if wearing a helm. A 10% Camoflage automatically takes effect when standing near black-and-white objects. Super Cow has a 20% weakness to being tipped.

Health regenerates twice as fast when resting in grassy areas. Super Cow may Moo to summon all Guars in the area. Mooing near humanoids is not recommended, as they just Moo back.

Cannot use two handed weapons, as Cows need three legs on the floor to avoid falling over. Lockpicks, Probes and Keys are too fiddly for manipulation with hooves. Gauntlets/Bracers are prohibited, but two sets of Boots may be worn. Rings may be worn, one in each ear and one through the nose.

New spells include "A Pat On The Head", which deals no damage to a target but causes them to run screaming for the nearest source of water, and "Tubular Cowbells", which causes demonic posession - including the growth of horns and hooves.

Well, that's an idea for a plugin that I can safely say will probably never happen!
Post Fri May 02, 2003 1:36 am
CoolerThanJesus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Location: The land of the Free Labour and home of the Brave Corporation
Ah... but here's one that should happen.

Let's say the Gods are pushing it. Everyone is pissed off at one God or another for some reason. Well, the population of Morrowind needs an Atheist hero to introduce progressive social politics to the savage right wing world. You take up arms against the Gods in an effort to save common sense for everyone. Here's the cool part, once you've killed of the Tribunal, you can choose to become God to the people. From that point, the gameplay ideas are endless, you can deliver a plague unto the non-believers, rape and pillage willingly, but if you get caught you can say, "You're either with us, or you're with the terrorists... don't mess with me."
Post Sat May 31, 2003 9:40 pm