Usergroups
NotR - Looking for Master Sword
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Right Mylander, I suspect too something with dex swords that agaisnt some oponents, perhaps heavy armored there's something wrong. With the master sword, not with betty (I let the guy alive I can't just knock him down. Anyway I couldn't have such a high dex particularely for only 10 more damages).

For the xbow for me it's a good choice that makes sense. Use bow and train dex if you want to be master in archery. The xbow is secondary weapon for those using str swords.

The dex swords could follow the same logic or not ie use str for additional damages, but perhaps it's dex for them. I said I will test but well I have finished but I already started a new character to see a little mercenary, so I'll let the test for someone else.
Post Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:16 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Re: A way to get the Master Sword early in the game

About how to get the Master Sword from Martin there's in fact another method that avoid violence.

I discovered it with the mages staff (fire mage/water mage). I am playing now a futur militia robber bandit smith using bow and dex sword but perhaps with an end of career with str 1H.

So the merchant is using the weapon you want to buy. Then sell him one that hit more. Leave him and come back. He will wear the new weapon and cool the weapon you wanted is to sell.

It doesn't matter dex/str requirements or 1H/2H. But there's long-range weapons that work together and close-range weapons that work together. For example the a merchant sell an axe that hits 125 you buy it and sell it to martin, leave him and come back and then the master sword is to sell in his inventory.

Yes you pay the high price but there are job in the game where you can get a lot of gold and you get the weapon you want without any violence and bad side effect on the merchant stuff.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:15 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Gotit
About how to get the Master Sword from Martin there's in fact another method that avoid violence.

I discovered it with the mages staff (fire mage/water mage). I am playing now a futur militia robber bandit smith using bow and dex sword but perhaps with an end of career with str 1H.

So the merchant is using the weapon you want to buy. Then sell him one that hit more. Leave him and come back. He will wear the new weapon and cool the weapon you wanted is to sell.

It doesn't matter dex/str requirements or 1H/2H. But there's long-range weapons that work together and close-range weapons that work together. For example the a merchant sell an axe that hits 125 you buy it and sell it to martin, leave him and come back and then the master sword is to sell in his inventory.

Yes you pay the high price but there are job in the game where you can get a lot of gold and you get the weapon you want without any violence and bad side effect on the merchant stuff.

Interesting. Didn't think about that, but I think you are right. You can also find a few high level weapons early in the game if you just explore a little. I think, for instance, the
Spoiler:
orc slayer
does more damage than the master sword and you can get that easily by just exploring.
Post Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:03 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by elkston
Spoiler:
orc slayer
does more damage than the master sword and you can get that easily by just exploring.

But that isn't a dex-based sword, which we were talking about. And so most of the time pretty useless if you're playing a dex-based character.
Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:42 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
quote:
Originally posted by elkston
Spoiler:
orc slayer

But that isn't a dex-based sword, which we were talking about. And so most of the time pretty useless if you're playing a dex-based character.

I guess I wasn't exactly clear in my explanation.

We were discussing a non-violent way to get Martin to sell you Master Sword even though he has it equipped.

Gotit mentioned that if you sell him a weapon that is better than the one he has equipped, he will equip *that* weapon. So I was suggesting finding the Orc Slayer for the sole purpose of selling it to Martin. That way Martin will equip the Orc Slayer and put the Master Sword back in his inventory for selling.
Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:10 pm
Muze
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
But there is one caveat to this. If you beat Martin up, then the rest of his inventory is gone forever . Certain spells will reappear at chapter changes, but all base weapons that were there at the outset will be gone.

So, you should only use this method to get the Master Sword if you are sure you will not need any of the other items in Martin's inventory throughout the game.

This, unfortunately, is a side effect to beating up any merchant in the game. First, they won't have their entire inventory when they're lying on the ground (which is acceptable if only for balance reasons), but if you take anything, their entire inventory is gone when they stand up again.
Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:42 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2