Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Is there a BIG difference between Gothic 1 and Gothic 2?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
NPCMan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Is there a BIG difference between Gothic 1 and Gothic 2?

I was just wondering, because I absolutely hated Gothic 1 but I really want to play Gothic 2. Are they completely different? More specifically, is NPC interaction handled differently? I hated NPC's in Gothic 1, because they all seemed the same, there was no difference in PERSONALITY. Baldurs Gate NPC'S have a lot of personality and dialogue is excellent. There are nobles, peasants, dukes, ect. and they all have distinct personalities. Is Gothic 2 anything like Baldurs Gate NPC's? Thanks for replys.[/u]
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:15 am
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Re: Is there a BIG difference between Gothic 1 and Gothic 2

quote:
Originally posted by NPCMan
I was just wondering, because I absolutely hated Gothic 1 but I really want to play Gothic 2. Are they completely different? More specifically, is NPC interaction handled differently? I hated NPC's in Gothic 1, because they all seemed the same, there was no difference in PERSONALITY. Baldurs Gate NPC'S have a lot of personality and dialogue is excellent. There are nobles, peasants, dukes, ect. and they all have distinct personalities. Is Gothic 2 anything like Baldurs Gate NPC's? Thanks for replys.[/u]

You are weird man. NPC's are awesome and full of personality in gothic 1. NPC's are so boring in Baldur's gate compare to gothic.

Gothic 2 is not as good as gothic I IMO.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:03 am
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

actually gothic has a really alive world, and that includes NPCīs full of personality

the other difference is that the gothic1īs control is better

cheers
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:04 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

quote:

i think that if you look carefully, NPC's personality of the characters is very rich in Gothic 1
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:50 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

[quote="DA UNDERTAKER"]
quote:

Well there are somethings that are different.In gothic 1 the story was better and I think that the textures in armor's in gothic were better.In gothic 2 the graphics were better and adds somethings that are in most rpg games like the dragons.Well gothic2 is better but gothic 1 can't be forgten for it's actions like the collection of the focus .
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:02 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

hard to say, as I have played gothic 2 first and gothic 1 after that.
i will never forget gothic 1. such a wonderful expirience. it was really an amazing game that still keeps that "originality".
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:43 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Gothic and G2 are very similar. If you hated Gothic you shouldnīt buy G2.
G2 is more advanced. Itīs obvious the devs avoided some mistakes they made in part 1.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:27 pm
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Just curious, but why didnt you like G1? G2 is more advanced you had to of played G1 to understand the story line to G2, but you could still get into it, but I think its better if you know ther storyline to G1 first.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:29 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

What Gorath said.
- There is very little difference in style from one to the other. (Hey, if it ain't broke....)

The only reason I'm posting is because I want to jump on the band wagon for disputing NPCMan's take on the uh... NPC's.
Okay, I'll agree that the characters in Baldur's Gate are cool. But if not mistaken there are only about twenty or so that actually interact with you in the game.
I think maybe you're feeling that they don't have a lot of diversity in Gothic because the voice actors were overused, and maybe not up to par with what you are expecting. The personalities really come out in WHAT they say, and how you can answer, moreso than HOW they say it. It just takes a little discernment, that's all.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

And dont forget that G1 every NPC was a criminal and u were in a colony thats why there were no peasants , Nobel knights and so on you can tho find those kind of ppl in G2 but in colony u cant be a nobel knight u can be a only the one that the Colony Warlords tell you to be
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:52 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

exactly, and one more thing. altough there were two sides against each other (and a neutral third side) with it's own goals and communities, one thing remains:
they were all in this together.
Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:21 am