Usergroups
Question of newbie
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Yhtaarus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've a question. One of the special abilities of priest is "Pray for miracle".
What is it and how to use it???
Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 8:35 am
Vox Clamant
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's kind of hit-or-miss, but can be quite useful in the early stages of a game. The main value is when your healer/cleric has run out of mana and you're in deep doodoo. "Pray" will give you a one-time (during that battle) spell like bless or heal. Sometimes helps, sometimes misses.

Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:45 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

I think it's pretty random, too. If I recall, praying can do any number of spells, ranging from Heal wounds, Heal all, or Bless up to Magic Missiles or Hex cast on your enemies. Quite nice when, as stated before, you are out of mana or grossly overmatched.

As an aside, Pray has a better chance of working if your party is losing the battle, or are fighting monsters of a higher level than you.

Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:48 pm
Hamsterlord
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I haven't gotten the game yet. Still in the demo. But I found Pray very useful in the demo. I used it twice, once when I was getting my ass royally kicked by that Swallower, resulting in like 30-40 HP being taken off of the beast. The other time was against a whole heard of Level 8 Slimes of some type or other, and I got a some healing, which was good, cause most of guys were almost dead. Hate it when they die. I always feel guilty... Of course, one of them still died. There were like 2 groups of 8 slimes, it was nasty.

There's too many slimes in this monastery, how are they getting in? The door is shut, and they can't very well turn the knob anyway. :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: Hamsterlord on 2002-03-20 22:37 ]
Post Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:22 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

They spawn from that green slime pit. I know because I camped that area so my guys could do some leveling before leaving the monestary.

Post Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:49 am

Personally, however, I think the real culprit behind the slime situation is Burz, the Trynnie "merchant". There I was... tooling around in the demo after pretty much cleaning out the monastery... and on my way up to see him, I get jumped by *12* of those damn things just as I pass through the doorway that leads out onto the cliff. I mean, why else would they leave HIM alone and jump MY case? What's he doing - pulling those things outta his pocket???

Eeeewwwwww... On second thought, let's not talk about it!
Post Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:53 pm

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Post Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:56 pm
Hamsterlord
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, that sludge pit seems to have a lot of slimes in it. Plus a chest full of items that I don't really need, like cloth pants.

I suppose that if I had the game, and I started as a L-1 with basic equipment, I would actually have a use for the rusty sword on the beach, wouldn't I?

Hey, that reminds me. Why are there pants just lying around everywhere? Like on that little gazebo on the hill. How did they get there? Does that mean that some guy came by, took off all his clothes, and is now wandering the landscape nekkid?

The only thing I have left to do in the demo is get all my guys to L-10. Then I will be out of game.
Post Thu Mar 21, 2002 11:04 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:

On 2002-03-21 17:04, Hamsterlord wrote:
Hey, that reminds me. Why are there pants just lying around everywhere? Like on that little gazebo on the hill. How did they get there? Does that mean that some guy came by, took off all his clothes, and is now wandering the landscape nekkid?

The pants seceded.

Post Thu Mar 21, 2002 11:08 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:

On 2002-03-21 17:04, Hamsterlord wrote:
Does that mean that some guy came by, took off all his clothes, and is now wandering the landscape nekkid?

I think some drunkard NPC left all these pants around to be able to quickly dress back when he wakes up from a night drinking, without his pants, and a tattoo of Vi on his buttocks.
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:39 am