Usergroups
Help with Ylisde fighting - spoilers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
FreakFire
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Okay... I finally gave in and decided to quit Arx Fatalis...

The Ylisdes are really, really ruining the game for me...

I spent an hour (!) just killing all 4 Ylsides in the temple, in which I finally succeeded (after a LOT of save and reloading), now I killed the meteor and returned to the village to find out theres even more of them there!!! Lots more!!!! And to make matters even worse all my weapons and armor are in dire need of repair...

Sure, I could reload to just before I killed the meteor, quickly repair my stuff and then head back to the village to try again, but I have had enough of this die hard approach Arx is taking... If I want a game where I have to save and reload 20 times an hour I'll just play a 3d shooter... not this! I want a engrossing game about dungeon exploration, puzzles, adventure and of course fantastic combat, but not this Quake approach the Ylsides are giving the game...

The difficulty curve of Arx changes DRASTICALLY after the Ylisdes entered the game... before that it was maybe even too easy (I dont think I ever died until I got to the Ylisdes)... First just hours and hours of Rats and goblins, then some undead, the occasional demon... Okay, maybe not TOO easy but never quite frustrating... now Im basically just loading and reloading and reloading just to get past these horrible things...

BTW : I did try the fireballs... 3 fireballs in the head plus hand to hand still equals in a VERY quick death for me... I have good armor, good weapons, but I just fear my character has been developed too average.. I did not put all my xp and points in one category or stat, maybe I should have done that...

Oh well... Maybe in a few months I will try again... who knows... although I dont think so... If I will think back to Arx I think my remaining memory will be of these insane guys in insane armor with insane speed and insane damage... 5 seconds of screams and flashes followed by a quick death... Oh, and the "reload" button, lol...

Im off to play Rome : total War! Now theres a great great game!

Anyways, thanks for all the advice and help guys! Great place here...

MIKE
Post Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:13 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I hate to hear you still had problems, but sounds like you may be right about your skill points. Another reason to get the PDF and read it. Gives you some good advice on character builds. I will let you leave with a small glimmer of hope for the future. Once you get past that second batch of Ylside you will get a set of their armor to keep. Have fun with Total War. I hear it is great fun.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:33 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2