Usergroups
NotR customizer - difficulty changer for NotR / G2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

There are two more things left ... first we can make it sticky.
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:24 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

There is even additionally more stuff that can be changed in the gothic.dat file. Even armor stats, monsters, NPC stats and skills, etc.

NPC behavior, weapons carried, armor worn.
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:33 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

wow watch it xerxes, a little bit further and you are creating a new marvin mode
great job for making the difficulty selector. Don't have Notr yet but G2 and G1 weren't too hard, mlaybe a bit too easy
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:22 am
aldee_
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the sticky, Gorath ;-). Xerxes, feel free to tell me what to look for. I've been browsing Gothic.dat for "HARPY" back in October last year, that's what I found.

GIL_HARPY
ID_HARPY
FAI_HARPY

plus some presumably irrelevant LOCATION*HARPY* stuff. No idea where to look for stats.

However, I never played around with the mod kit and I'm not sure if I want to start now... So there's a certain chance that this will be the final version unless I decide I've currently got too much time on my hands ;-).
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:48 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well probably the difficulty selector is more useful than indeed the so called Upgraded Marvin mode
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:59 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

The modkit should let you see the data in normal format to read. I determined in the Mod Discussion Thread on what the hex pattern you look for combined with the ID number of the NPC in Hex the old fasion way 9 months ago.

The data is formated in a pattern that can be changed for armor, health, behaviour, immortal flag, weapon carried, items carried, level, skill, face, etc. Basically it is the NPC.D file from Gothic 1.

It was one way to stop the Brahim Map maker exploit for infinite money. If you smack him now, you will have to pay a fine to Ande to make nice,
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:48 pm
aldee_
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Mind referring me to that thread? As everbody of you probably noticed by now I'm some lazy bastard...
Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:30 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yuo can find it right here http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32766&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=mod+discussion&start=0
Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:41 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus
yuo can find it right here http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32766&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=mod+discussion&start=0

I also wanted to have a look on them.Thanks
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:40 pm
Byblos
Village Leader
Village Leader

Is this the guy you guys were pointing me to before? I want someonethign that lets me change the textures! So i can retexture alot of things for people!
Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:17 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Byblos
Is this the guy you guys were pointing me to before? I want someonethign that lets me change the textures! So i can retexture alot of things for people!

yup i think so he has done many kinds of stuff with the game so u could give it a try
Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:37 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

What´s the name of the guy you were pointed to?
Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:02 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus

nice stuff you've got here
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:36 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
quote:

What´s the name of the guy you were pointed to?

Xerxes 712
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:25 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Since I am doing a final correction package to the GTTA-NOTR English Mod, I think I may throw in an optional 'Rebalance Mod' of the Gothic.dat file.

It basically allows the Mage class more experience and specific changes to spell prices/damage/mana use and more blank runes so it is more fun to use and learn other spells that never get used. And to make the Mage class life easier starting out in Raven (extra experience for completing mage missions).

Some Paladin rune magic skill should be nerfed. Stuff like that.

You can change what the NPC face look like (including youself) armor worn and weapons they hold. Plus even the NPC skills at fighting, basic stats like health, strength, etc. Even change the immortal tags or behaviour.

I changed the farmers outside in the field at the start to sport mercenary armor with very large axes, Now them hicks won't be so easy to mess with! Just for example of what can be done.

To make magic even more fun, I made a real difference between Fire and Magic spells. Example a Fireball will not affect a Fire Waren monster much, but Magic Lightning spell the Fire Waren is vulnerable to.

So different monsters have different resistances to the two main magic types: Fire and Magic.

It will compel you as a mage to learn from the two schools of magic. I do this in the Re-balance Mod.

Even the four Dragons; example The Fire Dragon will almost be immune to Fire based spell whereas is has little armor against Magic based spell.

Stone Golem and the Ice Dragon are almost immune to arrows. Makes the game more interesting.

So what skills you have will not make you Ubermensche of all animals and monsters you come across. No one class will excell at everything.

It will take strategy to figure out the monster weakness and exploit it.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:21 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next