Paladin and Innos Shrines Praying
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Paladin and Innos Shrines Praying

Not clear for me even after to have read other topics on this subject.

I have started to pray at Innos shrines when my character was already a Paladin. The result look strange for me:

At first it seems to be a random between Dex+1 and Str+1 when pay 100. I tried cheat by reload but rarely work, eventually quit the game and restart was working better.

Anyway, I succeed get 10 for Str when at same time I got 4 from dex. since then I never succeed again to get more Str and at some point I also get +1 mana instead of Dex. Then when I had +10 or +9 to dex, I get only +1 mana.

Since then I get only +1 mana, seemt to never stop.

So what's the logic? Is it:
- You get +10str +10dex in a random way but the game ensure to finally give 10 to each and not more?
- Then you get +1 mana without limit instead of +3 life like get the other classes? I wish I had that for my mage.
Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:41 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Strange, as a paladin you should get this:
+10 strength
+10 dexterity
+20 mana
+3 hitpoints without limit.

This is the same for guildless. As a mage you won't get strength and dexterity. As a mercenary you won't get mana.
You sure you already have 20 mana from praying?
Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:08 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I can't check now the exact number of mana I got but right it stops at a time and now it's life+3. I just get bored before the limit is reach.

So I did all this cheating for nothing?? It seems random but it isn't at all? Ha well from my mercenary play I had suspicion on this, it would have been too strange to got exactely 10 and 10 if that was random.

Thanks for this formula, I didn't knew it... so for an optimized mage better do all the shrine praying before to be in a guild and for a paladin, better not wait to be a paladin, damit!

For the mercenary it could be complicate if mana points got before becoming a mercenary will remove later Str or Dex points.
Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:54 pm