Usergroups
hi from the developers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Why donīt you mail Atari and JoWooD and ask them about a Spanish version or a subtitled release?
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:14 pm
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i have mailed atari 3 or 4 times
and a lot of spanish guys have done the same
all our mails have the same questions

is gothic 2 going to be released in spain and will it have spanish subtitles???

but none of us have recieved any answers
i think atari doesnīt have a good client information department at all
how can the ignore 40 or 50 mails, all of them asking the same????
well, i hope they will improve that part of their company, cause is really an important one
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:42 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Maybe 40-50 emails are not significant enough for them.

I think it's really hard to get a response from a large company, unless you have some kind of authority. It may be better to wait until October to see if there's any development. Or, if you don't want to wait, just create your own thing, like what we did half a year ago.

Anyway, have you tried JoWooD? How about their official forums?
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:50 pm
Samurai
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I have a question, does the main charactor still have the same voice actor, and also: Why couldn't you get the same voice actor as the original Diego, sorry if I missed posts asking/awnsering these questions, I'm just lazy.

Samurai Out
Post Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:51 am
Samurai
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Oh, a few more Q's:

Who thought up the storyline for Gothic I, including script? I am captivated by it.. and also:

Who thought up those not-so-witty remarks when you face the Undead Orc Priests in the final dungeon thingy... lol wtf is up with ' You filth ridden meatloaf ' and ' You worm ridden maggot's paradise ' or something like that? Lol, those made me laugh out loud tonight when I was desperately trying to finish Gothic...
Post Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:23 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

1) The protagonist's voice actor is a different one.
2) He moved away.
3)The story writers. Check out the developer profiles at Piranha Bytes' website http://www.gothic2.com to see who did what.
Post Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:49 am
karaknic
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just wanted to add that the first thing that got me hooked onto the gothic series was the sword fighting system where you choose which way to swing and if you dont do it right you can end up in a "knot" which leaves you exposed and vulnerable to attack unlike most combat system where you click and you hit...In G2 that system was turned down to a simple left-right swing everywhere which works wonders but it would be so exciting to give oportunities for people to really shine as swordfighters like the fights in the arena back in G1, so maybe there should be more "lonely" enemies with weapons like skeletons but they are very smart and it takes skill and thinking to beat them. I'm not good at explaining but i think i got my point accross.
Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:13 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The old system is still in there. You overlooked it.
Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:32 pm
karaknic
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

no no, I know its still there but it has no practical implementation all you ever do to kill properly is swing left-right... That's what i meant
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:22 pm
Introverted_Entropy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Seemed a good place to start.

Greetings all my first post here. Been following these forums for some months, Infact it was here i first heard about the gothic games and was convinced to purchase them . The game as far as i can tell never got a south african release, which is a pity.
Any how thats not the point of this post . I just wanted to say thanks to the many active members who make this forum a labour of love to discuss one of the greatest games ever to grace my screen. The magick of gothic2 is that it plays like a game made by people who actually cared about the end gameing expierence. A vivid alive world packed with features and vibrance to excite and enthrall gamers. A rare rare thing. So thanks alot to all the people at PB who made this possible. The last time i rpged so hard was fall out 2 lol. .
Is this the right part of the forum to post ideas about future Pb/gothic releases? If not could some one please slap me up and lead me in the right direction:P .

Once again thanks alot for a wonderful game and great space to discuss it.

Slow fps is the path to the dark side "Yoda on graphic accelerators"
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:53 pm
Arrowhead
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Five minuite ago I finished Gothic for the second time (ditto on all complements above)

I'm a late seeing this post and hoping I'm not to late for one question/request:

I read through the credits a few minuites ago and saw a "Thanks to" for someone who provided STEW.

Was it good and can I get the receipt?

All the luck with coming games
Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:56 pm
Elco
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by karaknic
no no, I know its still there but it has no practical implementation all you ever do to kill properly is swing left-right... That's what i meant

Thats not true. in G2 you can achieve a very effective overhand swing by using the forward+atack buttons. if you link overhand sings together you will use a special attack move. just like g1. in adition you can work left and right hand sings into your attack combos.

Beyond that you can use defensive blocks by using ther attack+back. or a slightly less efective block by just backing up.

I realy love the way melee combat was done in this game. perfect balance between boringly simple, and over-difficult compexity.
Post Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:24 pm
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

PB rule!!

i read about the info from the interview with Kai from PB. what they are planning to do for gothic 3 is exactly what the next gothic game needed! emphasis on the battles, since the storyline of the game is great anyway....but the idea to create the game as a fighting game first and then add other things was great, i think. i would really like to take even more pleasure from the battles and not to focus only on the plot...
this will open up many possibilities too. maybe then we will see some longer battles with many foes.....multiple enemy fighting....even a great battle, maybe...

so PB....you rock!

also, i just saw that in this site, at news section, where they had the newsbit about the interview, they put a gothic 3 pic! anybody have any info on that?
Post Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:43 pm
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

my thoughts on the new battling system would be:

- make the battles between orcs and humans longer and more intense.
this would probably mean that the character would have to face more enemies at the same time, but then he would be able to fight them better. and that would of course mean, improved blocking system, and multiple fighting.
and in case of mages maybe they could have blocking spells or some other method....a staff maybe? but no....mages without staffs are really cool in gothic....

- remake all animations of the character.
...but they will do that anyway, if they're changing the whole graffics engine. but they really need to get more realistic...... the thing that really needs improvement in terms of animations though, i think, is long ranged combat. they could make long ranged combat not as leathal as it was so far, so that the character would have to combine long ranged and close combat in many cases.....so for that they would have to make fast changing between the two types of combat.....
and please change the arrows from travelling a long time in the air so that you can actually see them travelling until they hit the enemy. and the sounds for bows and crossbows.....

that's all....maybe it's too much i'm asking for, huh?
Post Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:00 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Any developers left?

Oooh, Will KaiRo ever return to this forum. I know he's very busy with Gothic 3 and can't give any spoilers because he needs to save everything for the launch of the website, but I'd like to see some interest from the developers towards the gamers.

Ah, well. Maybe when he isn't so busy with G3 or has the opportunity to post some spoilers he'll find his way back to the forum.
Post Thu May 06, 2004 2:38 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next