Early weapon(s)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Early weapon(s)

I know it's been asked before, but a quick search returned nothing pertinent so I'll ask it once more!

Early in the game (I'm currently only level 5 and member of mage's and fighter's guilds and working on Blades quest 1 ...the cube) I don't have a good weapon at all. I have long blade (major) up to about 58 now, but the best weapon I can find is a Nordic Broadsword. Decent damage, but not really enough to go treasure hunting, you see...I want to go and raid the ebony mine south of Balmora but can't because of the flame guard inside. My destruction is not high enough to count on that, either!

So my question is: Is there anywhere in the Balmora area (say...N to caldera, S to vivec, W to Seyda Neen) for an early game character to grab a good one handed longsword? Or light armor? Or magic items? This is like the 4th game I've started and so far none of my chars have been acceptable! Any ideas?
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:59 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Well, if you are a true master of lockpicking, the razorhole in Balmora has some decent stuff, but the lock is lvl 95!
Otherwise, in the Balmora temple, next to the enchanter guy, thereŽs a cabinet with the stuff heŽs selling. But again, chameleon/lockpick... More like thief stuff. Best places to find good weaponry is sadly enough the deadric temples, and without descent weaponry/armor these are real hard. So, you need to have good weapons to find good weapons. Its a bit contradictionary. Or how you spell it. You get the picture I guess. However, there are some dwarven weaponry in the cube-place. But youŽll have to look for them qiute hardly... Not to say too much, but a battleaxe, as I recall?
And do the "Bad peoples quest" Then youŽll atleast have something magic. And dwarven...

CrossTopicBaner
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:17 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

i found many enchanted weapons in chest in balmora.
Just go through the chest, if you don't find anything good, don't take anything out of the chest.
The next time you load the game ( not reload a savegame) there are other stuf in the chest.
I found enchented 2 handed longblades in their.
You can just steel chitin armor if you want, try trader in balmora (cat).
Trader in Paligiad are easy.
Or steel in vivec or ebonheart.
My intire chitin armor is stolen.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:40 pm
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

A easy way to get good light armour. Go to Caldera and there a merchant who has a ring that will make u invisible for 10 secounds (or until u pick something up or wack someon) after you buy thta (it's only about 20 gold) head to ghostgate and in the basement of one of the towers a guy sells glass armour. well walk in there ( I suggest you save it here justin case) and go invisible and grab a piece of glass (if your not caught save it again) and keep going invisible and getting the armour until you have it all. The ring is usfull if your fighting someone tougher than you and u need to get away.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:10 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Really?? Do you know the merchant's name in Caldera?? Or where he is located?? Also, is it safe to go to Ghostgate this early in the game? I thought I remembered seeing some pretty tough enemies up that direction in some earlier games...
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:10 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Go to the Dren Plantation, its pretty close to Suran, by the big lake. There you can find some nice longswords, one glass longsword and one deadrick longsword. Its pretty hard, but you can grab an armor and run out of there, then sell it, and train youself up to a higher level, then you can go and get the swords. Thats were i found my deadric dai-katana that I used to finish the main quest.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:51 pm
Glorfindel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

If your sneak and security skills are like mine, i.e. just turn yourself in and save the guards the bother, then enchanters offer the best bets for medium good stuff, especially weapons. A weapon with a decent damage enchantment helps a great deal early on. I have got longswords enchanted with frost, fire and shock damage from the enchanters in the Balmora, Caldera and Ald'ruhn mages guild and I am also a level five in this iteration of the game. They don't have them always but they seem to rotate their stock on a daily basis, so patience will get you there eventually. I carry a variety of enchanted blades and rotate them if I hit a character who resists the enchantment. They also carry some enchanted armour, rings, belts, etc some of which can be useful. A couple of items with heal spell enchantments really helps early. The best part is all this stuff is pretty reasonably priced so that you can afford to purchase it if you're playing a lawful good type who would never rob from honest workers.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:44 pm
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

Quick clarification: Invisibility will not help thieving. At all. As soon as you perform an action (attack, steal, open, anything) you become visible again. Thus impeding your efforts to remain undetected.

If you want people to have a toughter time noticing you when you steal the Ghostgate armor, get something with the Chameleon effect and use Telekinesis to grab them from afar whilst sneaking. Virtually guaranteed to succeed if the Orc planted as a sentry in the room is facing the other way.

-Matt
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:26 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

Invisibility helps thieving a lott.
You can only crab 1 item before you get visible again. But that item is yours then.
My caracter is born under the sign of the shadow and i use the invisibility once aday, never failed me yet.

So if you are invisible grab 1 item and act normal again. Don't ever go for another item right away.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:39 pm
Dreaga07
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

vaults

Raiding the Hlauulu, Redoran and Televanni Vaults in Vivec can net you some REALLYnice stuff. But you'll have to deal with ordinators, and 2 storm atronachs in televanni.....

But then again I kill ordinators and display thier armor on armor manequins in my house

=Member of The Sixth House=
=Member of The Non-Flamer's Guild=
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:56 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

I think I'll start checking the mage's guilds for enchanted items, then perhaps go to Dren Plantation. I have read on these boards before there are some decent items there...

Don't think my mighty level 5 guy is quite ready to raid vaults in Vivec...
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:00 pm

if you stock up on levitation/restore magicka potions, you can go kill Umbra and take his rather nice sword...10-50 damage. You'll also need the destruction skill and a ranged fire spell. If you have all these, it's possible to kill Umbra at Level 1. Of course, if you're not flying he'll probably kill you in 2-3 hits...
Post Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:26 pm

Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Speaking of looting the Vaults (I looted redoran and Hllallu... they offended my honor) where is the telvanni vault?

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:22 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

As a total off-topic remark to Warmaster-Horus, donŽt you think that "Magister of Darkness" should fit you better than "Magister of Light", as your title, considering your signature?

CrossTopicBaner
Post Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:51 pm
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

Umm, where is Umbra??
Post Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:24 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next