Members
Usergroups
DEMO PROBLEM
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
Jammminji

DEMO PROBLEM

First, please post here for othere, but email me, as I may not be able to get back her for a while... jamminji@rcsis.com

Hello, I would like to play the demo but when I try to install it it says I ran out of memory and need to close some apps and try again. The problem is I have closed EVERYTHING and I have 192mb onboard and I am installing on a disk that has .97 gig open. I am running a p3 500. I exceed all the requirments. It just refuses to install.

Any Help?

Jam
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:26 am

jamminji

HELP

Bump...come on guy and gals.... I could really use some help here!!!

jam
Post Thu May 02, 2002 6:29 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I am really sorry, but I never met such problem. And I have not single idea how to solve.

DS requires 300 MB of page file. This is only thing that comes on my mind.
Post Thu May 02, 2002 6:43 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Hmm... I never experienced this problem. It installed just fine for me. It could be that your system is just too slow for it. You'll probably want to contact them at their offical site.
Post Thu May 02, 2002 6:49 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

The only things that come to mind are restarting (which I imagine you have probably done by now), and re-downloading the demo.

Hope you solve this problem!

-vaticide
Post Thu May 02, 2002 8:10 pm
jamminji

Demo

Thanks for trying guys... A shame I can not get it to work. I sure will not buy the retail version if the demo won't work...lol Could someone post the the url of the official site where I could tell them my problem. I probably had a brain freeze but I could not find where to do it on their site....hehe

thanks again

jam
Post Sun May 05, 2002 5:43 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

You can try to send them e-mail: dsbug@gaspowered.com

Before that try to visit their official "known bug" page.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 5:47 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

sometimes to install a game... you need to have more memory than is required to play it. I was trying to install a game once, it needed 600mb of space, and i had 650mb open, but it would not install untill i had cleared over 800 mb of space.....

does that help?

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sun May 05, 2002 9:47 pm
Jamminji

demo

Thanks Dan I will try those.

To Supercow... Yes I have had that happen to me also. But this is the demo not the retail and I have almost 1gig open ( .97gig). Pluse the error I am getting is not for hard drive space but memory and I have 192 mb of memory so I would think that would be enough. I close all other programs including all the little ones that load in the background so I am starting with as clean a system as I can.

jam
Post Mon May 06, 2002 7:55 pm

SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

um...... weird.... got any viruses?

Don't you feel better now?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:58 am
jamminji

virus

No Super, I checked... To tell ya the truth I have never been infected by a virus (10 yearsr and counting). I have always been VERY careful about Viri...lol

BTW I sent an email and have not heard a word as of today... I hope that this does not reflect how customer service works.... 2 days and counting hehe.

jam
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:06 pm

jamminji

TECH HELP?

Well, I am VErY disappointed with the customer service. I have sent an email off and no reply for quite some time. And no one here seems to be able to help me. sooooo I guess you all have fun playing. I am moving on to a game that actually works. At least I did not waste money on this.

jam
Post Mon May 20, 2002 10:45 pm

Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

Are you running with WIN98SE? Make sure you have virtual memory at least double in size of your RAM.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 12:51 am
jamminji

demo install

Thanks Beo that was the problem... I never did hear anything from MS or tech support.... GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE..... snicker, snicker! Anyway I got it running and played the whole demo (they say 10% of whole game).... What a disapointment! After I got over the WOW affect from the graphics I soon realized this was not the game for me. WAY to linear for me, and what is up with the combat, you have all this great terain but you can not use it to your advantage in combat. You say fight and the archer runs down to equal level with the baddie and then starts firing... This game is like a poor version of myth 2 with better graphics. (MUCH BETTER graphics...lol). Actually worse than that. It is like playing a side scrolling arcade game. I hope Never Winter Nights is better.

jam
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:12 am