High Emperor
High Emperor

hehehe ppl if u need more help then just ask in the spoilers room
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:37 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

C1.3.P6
Jesper is the only one who has the key for this door, and sadly it's impossible to knock any of the thieves out - they die instead of being knocked out. However, once Jesper has told you where he hid Bosper's Bow, and alternately thought you how to sneak if you didn't have Bartok teach you, Jesper's role in the game is really played out and you won't have need for him anymore. There's also no other way to get into the stash, so you will need to kill him if you want it.

This is not true. When you 've solved the quests from the blood chalises and the sextant, you can ask him for another quest. He 'll tell you about his former boss called Fingers and that this chest is almost impossible to lock pick.

edit: I see it 's already been solved now.
NFG member

Last edited by Bartacus on Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:26 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Bartacus

Be sure you send that comment to the guy's email address (its in the FAQ) as I'm not sure he reads this forum. I sent him a few corrections/clarifications as well so he can make his already excellent document even better.
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:34 pm
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Note the combination and open chest easily. It's only very long combination.
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:04 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Fingers <---- now thats someone i havent heard long time ago he was the thief from old camp in Gothic 1 i wonder if he still survived heheh
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:36 pm
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

after barrier is destroyed, he escapes . Later on he gets caught and thrown into prison colony. Jesper says that he would be died =)
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:39 pm
grimstyle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

its a shame that ellusion's walkthrough is hella decent for chapter 1, but the rest (chapter 2-3) is jus completely crap.. maybe hes not done yet, im jus too impatient..
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:05 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i am sure we see Fingers in the Addon
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:22 am
hijks
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Good point!

quote:
Originally posted by Parcival
This one looks realy good (as far as it is complete).
I would suggest a two step plan;
- publish a faq based on the formum questions for newbie players of Gothic 2, focusing on gameplay issues and chapter one problems. Best published within a week or so. (if you need a hand, tell me)
- this wil gain you some time to finish/get/gather a complete walkthough. Hopefully the one who makes the walkthough above is willing to let you publish it in pdf and anhance it with the apr. maps and screenshots...

If you need a hand, just let me know; you know where to find me

Parcival

I second that! I was just beginning the game like 5 days ago, and was really struggling (to a point that the game started to feel tedious that I had to start using god mode). A newbie guide is seriously needed!

P.S. The quests are very, very detailed. Good job! No, GREAT job!
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:48 pm
Vercingetorix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Maps + Misc

The Maps :

1. Which map(s) is 'correctly' oriented ? (i.e. North is 'up' on my monitor)

Map of Khorinis
Map of City of Khorinis
Map of Valley of Mines
the *last* map (no spoiler)

Of all these, I believe only the City Map and the *last* map are correctly oriented. All the others seem tilted 90 degrees to the east. How is that ?

2. When Gothic 2 NPCs give a cardinal direction ingame, where is *their* North ?!?!

3. When Ellusion gives cardinal directions in his *EXCELLENT*(1) walkthrough, where is *his/her* North ?! (Think of mentioning this in the FAQ)

4. To Ellusion, or anyone else thinking of writing a FAQ/help : don't give directions based on the final destination/completion of another quest, which the player might not have access to (different guild), or is not interested in finishing, or has borked by eliminating a key ingredient/NPC of said former quest.
(In reference to Finding Diego in Valley of Mines [C2.10.S4 Paladin Silvestro's Ore]- took me quite a while to find him. Cheat codes are your friend, *if* you remember they're there. )

5. Of course, I took *the* least documented guild in the walkthrough... /sigh
Do you know how much time I spent looking for that one last Forged Mine Deed !?!? (which I never found btw)

6. A COMPASS !!!!
Seriously, how could [Developper] overlook that ?!

Now that I've finished the game, I know my way around, but the first 10 or 15 hours are quite frustrating spent trying to find one's way around new terrain. A compass would greatly help there.

(1) Excellent yet unfinished
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:18 am
Ale
Village Leader
Village Leader

All the maps seemed accurate for me. Just look for the sunrise and the sunset to measure.
Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:31 pm
mvrander
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi, new to the boards and I don't know how much use this thread still is to people but I found what seems to me to be a very useful faq on www.gamefaqs.com

It links you off to here:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/gothic_2.txt

I only wanted it to help me pick a guild on my first time through the game but it seems like it is pretty detailed looking over things I have already done.
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:52 pm
amos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

A couple of things for this thread. First of all on Maps. I just got to chapter 2 and was looking at the Map I got to find the scrapers. Its the old map from G1, roughly. I then looked down at the map I'd printed from chapter 1, I noticed something was backwards. On the chapter 1 map the sea is on the left, and on the valley map its on the right. The problem is the maps are in the same orientation. When you leave to enter the valley, you leave from the far bottom of the map. Actually the little pointer was off the map to the bottom, and there was only a little ways to the left before you'd get to the sea. You enter the valley from the top of the map, as you'd expect, but the sea is now to the right, and there are mountains and a lot of distance to the left. A well, its only a game, not a real world... Its nice to see the old valley again actually.

The second thing, more related to this thread. I downloaded the G1 FAQ before playing the game. It was very helpful. I'm playing this one with out a FAQ, a much different experience. I find a try a lot harder before dropping back to the spoiler forum than I did before dropping back to the FAQ in G1. It does help to have finished G1 first, I'm playing this game much the same way. I did a lot of questing in chapter 1 before joining a guild and I sort of knew what to look for. For now, don't finish the FAQ until I'm done, I might just download it, and I'm not sure it would be as fun...
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:56 pm
Kroetsjov
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
C5.8.P3 POINT OF INTEREST: The Great Orc Wall
Still, if you absolutely must, the wall can be climbed in the spot where the long river down from the old ruins and stone dragon ends up. It's a bit tricky to say the least, so save often. Use caps-lock to walk and not fall off the boards, and simply jump up where it seems feasible. You'll end up halfway up the wall, and can continue to jump/climb the edges along the wall, across the river, then jump over the wall and end up on the other side.

There is another way to get behind the barricade ...

If you walk north from the place where you enter the Valley of Mines, walk along the path till you see a wooden fence, look to the right and clim that wall ... you can walk up the mountain there, go a bit north and then go south again ... until you see 2 big trees .. from there you can walk south till you see a deep gap (thats the cave where all the people who cross the pass are hided) ... i couldnt jump over that pass; but i could jump down in it (i had enough life to survive that jump)
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:44 pm
wk
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Try this at the far right of the barrier where the river is:
- stand at the edge of the water facing wood and jump onto the first cross beam. press forward key to stay on beam.
- turn half right and jump onto the short vertical plank which is below the level of the next cross beam.
- turn LEFT and jump onto the higher upright plank.
- turn 180 degrees and jump onto the sloping plank.
- walk along the sloping top plank then temporarily turn walk off and step off onto the white topped circular post.
- toggle walk on and jump to the second upright plank away from the post.
- turn left to face the barrier and jump onto the top!
- or walk right and jump diagonally over onto solid rock.

There are quicker ways to get over.
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:19 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next