View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
armagan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Introducing Warrider

Hello,

I am one of the developers of a new action-RPG in the works and I would like to tell you about our game. It is entitled Warrider and is set in a realistic medieval world.

Warrider is played in two modes: map mode and action mode. The map mode is very similar to the map mode of Pirates! (except that movement is on land only). Whenever we enter a town or go to battle with another party, we enter the action mode and start controlling our character in a first-person or behind-the-shoulder view.

Warrider will have an exciting storyline with interesting characters. But the game's real attraction lies in its combat and the open-ended, addictive gameplay. Combat is real-time and includes horseback fighting which is, by the way, very well implemented. The general gameplay is very good too. To give you an idea, let me tell you about a gameplay experience I had while testing the game:

I had recently got out of a battle when I spotted a large party of forest bandits. Quite a few of my soldiers were wounded and it would be wise to avoid them, but of course I attacked them head on. After an exciting but desperate battle I had to retreat my party. The bandits chased us until we reached the safety of a nearby town. There, I rested my party until morning and recruited a few fresh soldiers. In the morning we left the town but the bandits had long departed. Fortunately I spotted some tracks that most probably belonged to them. We started following the tracks and after a while, came upon the bandits who were busy engaging a caravan. We joined the battle and with the help of the caravan guards, easily crushed the bandits. (By the way, all of these events were due to the game's mechanics. They were not scripted in any way.)

That's about it. If you would like to know more about Warrider, please visit our site: www.taleworlds.com.

Best wishes and happy gaming!
Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:06 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

Hello and welcome to our forums. This looks really good, so I've given it a plug on our main News page. Please keep us updated about the development and we should be able to organise things like interviews, previews etc when you are ready.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:21 pm
armagan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi Corwin,

Thanks a lot. I will be bothering you with newsbits about Warrider in the coming months then.
Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:45 pm
corwin

Please do. Happy to oblige.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:36 am
Malianea
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just read up on the game at your website and I must say that peasants fighting for you and getting better, should they survive, sounds great!

I'll keep an eye on this one!
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:04 pm
Namirrha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I looked at your website and it seems quite promising. I also noticed your funding is listed at $500,000, which drives home the point that this is serious. Your budget is 5-10 times larger than most of the other indie games mentioned in the competition. It seems publishers aren't willing to fund many RPG developers for even that nowadays. I wish you the best of luck. Please keep us informed.
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:21 am
armagan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Malianea:
Yes, I like that feature a lot too. Let me elaborate on it. In your party you have a limited number of stacks. In each stack you can have either one hero companion, or many regular companions. Hero companions level up in the usual way. Regular companions do not level up, but with experience, upgrade to a more powerful type. For example peasants become militias, militias become crossbowman, etc...

Namirrha:
Yep, I think you could say that we are serious . We haven't been trying very hard to attract attention though. We'd like to build up our relations gradually.
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:32 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I looked at the site, and may I say that it looks really great! Keep us informed about the progress. I want!
Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:38 am
Namirrha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by armagan
Malianea:
Yes, I like that feature a lot too. Let me elaborate on it. In your party you have a limited number of stacks. In each stack you can have either one hero companion, or many regular companions. Hero companions level up in the usual way. Regular companions do not level up, but with experience, upgrade to a more powerful type. For example peasants become militias, militias become crossbowman, etc...

Namirrha:
Yep, I think you could say that we are serious . We haven't been trying very hard to attract attention though. We'd like to build up our relations gradually.

I'm glad you are concerned with image and relations. Seems so many new games are announced then mysteriously disappear--it doesn't help them or the fans out. I like what I see so far. I'll keep watching from the shadows. Thanks for the info, BTW.
Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:33 am
Malianea
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sounds wonderful!

Please keep us informed on your progress
Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:14 am