Telling that girls mother that her daughter is dead
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Telling that girls mother that her daughter is dead

Is there any way to tell that little girls mother that she died. I couldnt save her and just fought that stupid demon (kicked his butt). But evrytime i go to her mother she says "PLEASE SAVE MY DAUGHTER" Idont get it. What must I do to tell her hat shes dead? Or is the quest just broken now? Unfinishable?
Post Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:19 pm
superdarkdude
Village Leader
Village Leader

wrong quest dude....

That is a different quest; I don't THINK you have hurt the continuity of the plot, but I always saved Shandy first... anyway, you don't fight any demons saving the girl, just about 5 or 6 cultists. You have to go to the snake statue, on map level 4, and walk around the room, to trigger the end of save the girl quest... be sure to sneak behind them, to find the room they are keeping her in. By the way, are you insinuating that the woman you saved after killing the demon didnt survive? She is supposed to thank you after you kill the demon, and SHE is quite important later, I don't think you can finish the game without her.
Post Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:49 am
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Re: wrong quest dude....

quote:
Originally posted by superdarkdude
By the way, are you insinuating that the woman you saved after killing the demon didnt survive? She is supposed to thank you after you kill the demon, and SHE is quite important later, I don't think you can finish the game without her.

Hmmm... do you mean Alia? The Kings daughter? If so, maybe you can finish the game without her. If you enter the forbidden area in the Rebels camp, everybody, including her will attack you. I don't think this would happen if she was essential to finish the game. Just an opinion.
Ð
Post Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:36 pm
superdarkdude
Village Leader
Village Leader

ahhh, yeah, but...

He seems to be saying she didnt survive the encounter with the demon, therefore he can't even GO into the rebel camp, and he will never get the key to get in and out OF the rebel camp, which would effectively break the game, imo. I think he's just got his quests mixed up, and everything is still cool, he just saved Alia before Shandy, which I never tried, but I can't see why it would hurt anything....
Post Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:40 pm
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

HAHA. Im sorry I was so unclear. Shany was the one that died. After she was sacrificed a demon came out. I killed him. BUt now when i go to her mother she tells me "please find my daughter" I just want to Yell "SHES DEAD" Any help? Im sorry for being unclear. But it was shany's death I was referring to. I killed the other demon in the temple of akbaa.
Post Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:20 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

You don't loose much with this outcome, except 1 free purchase at her shop. As for the XP, I think that you got a comparable amount for killing the demon. So just ignore her..

BTW, does she let you to shop?
Post Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:07 pm
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Merz

BTW, does she let you to shop?

Yes. I could still shop since she never got the fact that her daughter is dead. But something strange happened to me. First time I tried to shop after her daughter was dead, I got a message something like "Garlic attack" and she cried for help. I was afraid the guards would come or become hostile but no. Things were normal afterwards.
Ð
Post Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:11 pm
superdarkdude
Village Leader
Village Leader

LOL, happened to me too...

You ate some garlic before you talked to her... evidently the garlic makes your breath smell REALLY bad... I chased her all around town giving her the 'Garlic attack', it was hilarious
Post Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:02 pm
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

haha...wow that never happened to me. Ill try it out. I would really like it if you could just tell shany's mother that she is dead though. Its like you have no voice in the game!!
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:22 am