Usergroups
Two Newbie Questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Wiley Wilson

Two Newbie Questions

Hi all
I have UK version of Morrowind and am really enjoying it. I've noticed a patch is out, I understand this is for the American version only.

1) Have noticed many people posting their Frame Rates - have read the manual several times but (unless I've missed it) cannot find the key to press - could someone help?

2) Does it matter how many guilds you join, as I'm playing a Fighter type but want access to spells like Mark/Recall - I think I have to join the mages guild for this - is there a penalty as far as advancement goes for the Fighters Guild, Blades Guild etc

Think it's a wonderful game and have been surprised about the amount of negative feedback/comments I've read. However, I've only been playing it for 2 weeks, so my opinion may change (but I hope not!)

Thanks for looking
Wiley
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:10 am

CharlieGuest

Answers...

1) Open your morrowind.ini file in your favourite editor, and look for a line that says something like "Show FPS=0" - change the 0 to a 1.

2) If you don't want to touch magic directly, you could buy some scrolls of Mark and get a Recall amulet or something. If you want to move your fighter towards the magic arts, then you just need to train up your magic skills, although joining the Mages Guild will give you access to cheaper skill training and purchasing of spells (like Mark and Recall).
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:52 am

Ngetal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

multiple guilds

As to your guild question...

Couple of things...there is a mark and recall potion as well as the scrolls and spells. You can get them from Nalcarya the alchemist in Balmora (I'm sure other places too).

Joining multiple guilds can present another problem. Some of the quests that you have to do are against another faction/guild. I think in the thieves guild there is a quest to steal from the mages guild and a few things like that. So, there can be some conflict. However, if I get to a quest that I don't like, I just stop there (except with the main quest).

Have fun, and I have been playing almost since it came out, and I haven't tired of it yet. There are some funky things about the framerate, and the major memory leak, but beyond that, this is an amazing game.
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:26 am
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

Wait is that patch for the American version only!!! I installed it just like that, hade on error when installed, but I can't see what my version is..

Gothic II Credits
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:25 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I installed the patch and it works wonderfully... and I don't really know which version I have, all I know is that it's NOT the US one.
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:45 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

well the last quest for the thieves and the fighters guild is the same, so its really cool to kill one guy and simultaneously become guildmaster of thief AND fighter guilds...

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 6:14 pm