Members
Usergroups
AI using quick slot spells???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
Thalinth

AI using quick slot spells???

Hi, this is my first post on this forum! Just bought the game and I think it's great. I have one question though...

There are two slots for using spells. When I have a nature mage with healing and zap and I'm using zap I have to switch back to healing manually when needed.... however, when this mage is AI controlled, does he switch between these spells himself? I want him to zap the enemy AND heal his comrades when needed. How can I activate this? Thanx in advance...

greetz,

Thal
Post Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:10 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

No... I think you must swith.
1,2,3,4 for slots or [ ] for previous, next slot (I think these are defaults but I am not sure).
Post Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:24 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

The way the game is currently set up you must do the switching. I peeked at the scripting language for modding the game and the capability to do this is there. You can have someone heal if they have that spell in their spellbook you can make them use it. Something to look forward to, I guess.

Another good way around this is to use the weapon queue list, usually if you press 1, 2, 3, or 4 it will switch everyone in your party to 1:melee, 2:ranged, etc. If you get everyone how you want with your nature mage using zap, hit control 1 to set that as the default. Then switch him to the heal slot, and make any other changes you think you would make for a heal/defensive setup and hit control 2. Now when you hit 2 he will switch to heal and heal those below 50% health. This is what I did with my nature mages. When I was going up against easier creatures I would have them using lightning or zap, but if things got heated I would put them in defensive mode and have them heal their hearts out. Just something to try.

-v
Post Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:10 pm
Thalinth

Wow good stuff Vaticide. Thanx!

Another question, this one about the single player game. I've met 2 heroes now and they seem pretty balanced in all skills, that is: they begin with 1 point in each. But will I meet heroes that are experts in one field? Is it a good move to just wait recruiting until I find such an expert? I let the scribe I rescued in the crypt train in nature magic, but I still don't know if that's the best choice...

greetz,

Yhal
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:20 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I recruited all characters that I met and until I had full party. I was forced to do only one change (I met much better healing mage that was that one in my party).

So if you will train your characters carefuly (if you will not go quickest way trhought), start with it now. You will hardly meet someone stronger.

BTW really good tip Vaticide. I didnt know this.
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:46 pm